On-caravan ownership

Started by Injured Muffalo, February 06, 2018, 04:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Injured Muffalo

I saw a year old post about double beds, but the forum wanted a new topic, so here's a shiny new one.

Owned items (all I know of are beds and projects like a shirt or a sculpture) become disowned while the owner is away from the colony. So anyone can take the bed, and the projects get moved into a stockpile. That's really annoying, because then some other guy will take the bill and duplicate it.

Your original crafter or artist comes back and there's a big useless lump in the stockroom which, if you are micromanaging, you can clean up.

I see zero advantages to this behavior.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Ser Kitteh

Unfinished crafting stuff is fine IMO. They'll just do it when they get back home. But beds being unowned is really annoying, hope this gets fixed in release.

OFWG

This happens to graves as well.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Injured Muffalo

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on February 06, 2018, 02:29:37 PM
Unfinished crafting stuff is fine IMO. They'll just do it when they get back home.

Not if the bill is complete. Plus you have to manually make them do it or the same thing could happen again.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

sick puppy

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on February 06, 2018, 02:29:37 PM
Unfinished crafting stuff is fine IMO. They'll just do it when they get back home. But beds being unowned is really annoying, hope this gets fixed in release.
in most cases changing double bed names is annoying, but i often have many caravans going all at the same time while i lack beds/rooms/resources for new sleeping possibilities, so i am quite glad that the ai automates bed distribution for me.
maybe have a simple switch between keeping beds and freeing them up? or have it be smart by always keeping them, but as soon as a pawn needs a bed it will change an existing bed of a pawn that isnt around. while doing that, the algorithm would prioritize single beds of course.