Playable Xenomorph Mod

Started by Harry_Dicks, February 10, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daïkï97427

Yep ! True potential right here. Hope an Xenomorph hive can be put in'. Or at least.. An Infestation mod. Idk, its a Zerg-Playstyle mod.

Harry_Dicks

I need to be honest here. The more I think about this, the more I realize that I don't have the skills, or even the motivation to learn the skills required to take on a task as big as this. I shouldn't have even started the thread - it was just me being silly and getting excited as I was learning more and more about how mods function and work, and realizing that I could essentially create a whole new faction in just xml. However, a lot of what I would expect out of a real, playable xeno mod would require C#, something I definitely have no clue about, and I'm not sure if I ever even plan on trying to learn it.

Even if I were to only make the mod in xml, it is still probably more work than I feel like I'm ready to take on at the moment. Maybe I will end up making this into a mod one day, who knows. But if I were to start, I would at least keep it under wraps until I had something to show for it, instead of just a bunch of ideas. ;)

So, I'm sorry if I get anyone amped up on the idea, and also to anyone who may have invested any time (like the fantastic artwork!) into the idea. Of course, I don't own any of these ideas, so anyone who wanted to is encouraged to use whatever they wanted. Heck, I would be ecstatic to see any of them ever make their way into a mod!

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
I need to be honest here. The more I think about this, the more I realize that I don't have the skills, or even the motivation to learn the skills required to take on a task as big as this. I shouldn't have even started the thread - it was just me being silly and getting excited as I was learning more and more about how mods function and work, and realizing that I could essentially create a whole new faction in just xml. However, a lot of what I would expect out of a real, playable xeno mod would require C#, something I definitely have no clue about, and I'm not sure if I ever even plan on trying to learn it.

Even if I were to only make the mod in xml, it is still probably more work than I feel like I'm ready to take on at the moment. Maybe I will end up making this into a mod one day, who knows. But if I were to start, I would at least keep it under wraps until I had something to show for it, instead of just a bunch of ideas. ;)

So, I'm sorry if I get anyone amped up on the idea, and also to anyone who may have invested any time (like the fantastic artwork!) into the idea. Of course, I don't own any of these ideas, so anyone who wanted to is encouraged to use whatever they wanted. Heck, I would be ecstatic to see any of them ever make their way into a mod!

Well, you can seek someone to help you. No one said mod can be made alone actually :thinking: I swear it is a brilliant idea. Or at least, make the same mod but for "Infestation" event thing..Like.. <I'm getting lost>