Difficulty Locating a particular name in-game

Started by Ekarus, June 07, 2014, 03:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekarus

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

After hitting the "randomize" button for the past two hours I've decided the name I'm looking for no longer exists in the game. I had seen it in a previous build but it seemed to be gone now, I have two questions:

The first is is there a list somewhere of the current in-game names/backgrounds in the files or something that's viewable? The second is if a chosen name/background was rejected is the user notified?

Coenmcj

From my understanding you can go into your options and type in the names of a particular character you want to see, however I am unsure if this works with the initial 3 colonists, as I tend to do it once I am ingame. Good luck however.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Chozo Nomad

Hello!

I've kind of haven't been following development of Rimworld and just recently started playing it again. I've run into the same issue. My character could be found rather easily in early builds but I haven't seen him since. I even have typed in his name in the whole "preferred character names" thinggy in the options menu. I can't seem to find him anymore :(

His name is Kieth Nevin Nickname Nev if that helps...

StorymasterQ

It's probably due to the number of people with creative rewards rising as time goes on, the probability of getting a preferred name gets lower and lower. I'm sure your colonist is still in there somewhere, just being obscured by the crowd of other names.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Garen

Quote from: Chozo Nomad on July 05, 2014, 11:03:32 PM
Hello!

I've kind of haven't been following development of Rimworld and just recently started playing it again. I've run into the same issue. My character could be found rather easily in early builds but I haven't seen him since. I even have typed in his name in the whole "preferred character names" thinggy in the options menu. I can't seem to find him anymore :(

His name is Kieth Nevin Nickname Nev if that helps...

before you start a game in the options menu, type in the first or surname of your colonist into one of the four boxes. it means youre now more likely to see that person in the game, and the chances of randomizing him are higher