[1.1] Crafting Quality Rebalanced 1.4.9

Started by Phomor, February 11, 2018, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phomor

Crafting Quality Rebalanced

Description:
Rebalances Item Crafting Quality, for example a skill 20 Crafter will not have the chance to make an awful item anymore.

If anybody wants to translate it into different languages, feel free to contact me.

In Detail:
A skill 9+ pawn will make at least a poor item.
A skill 13+ pawn will make at least a normal item.
A skill 17+ pawn will make at least a good item.
Affects everything where quality is decided by skill, so smithing, tailoring, construction, art,...

You can adjust the skill thresholds in the mod settings menu, now with an option for every quality, Excellent and Masterwork thresholds are disabled by default.

Legendary is now a chance instead of a guarantee, if you want a guarantee just set it to 100%.

I did not change the probabilities of other qualities, just removed the possibilitiy to make a bad quality thing for high skill Colonists.

Modsync is supported.
Source Code is included and on Github.

Compatibility:
Compatible with almost every mod, I've only found Static Quality Plus B18 to be incompatible, and when you use these two mods together, mine just will not work. Other than that there could be conflicts if some mod changes the function that gives a random quality item based on a given skill.

Download:
Rimworld 1.0/1.1:
Steam Workshop

Rimworld B19:
Steam Workshop
NexusMods

Rimworld B18:
Steam Workshop
NexusMods

Version 1.1 is for B18, Version 1.4.5 is for B19, 1.4.9 for Rimworld 1.0 and 1.1.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License:
Modpackers may use it but have to link to this site, the post in the Ludeon Forum or to the Mod on Nexusmods. Derivates are allowed.

Credits:
This Mod uses Harmony by Andreas Pardeike

Version History:
24.02.2020: 1.4.9: Support for Rimworld 1.1
29.10.2018: 1.4.8: Japanese translation updated
29.10.2018: 1.4.7: added option to supress the messages upon masterwork and legendary item creation
18.10.2018: 1.4.6: updated for 1.0
03.10.2018: 1.4.5: Fixed a bug in the settings menu
14.09.2018: 1.4.4: French translation made by pepezilla
14.09.2018: 1.4.3: Spanish translation made by 53N4
29.08.2018: 1.4.1: Japanese translation made by Proxyer added.
15.08.2018: 1.4: Legendary is now a chance instead of a guarantee, German localization added.
23.07.2018: 1.3: Settings options for Masterwork and Legendary Quality added.
16.07.2018: 1.2: Support for Rimworld 1.0
22.06.2018: 1.1: Added settings menu.
11.02.2018: 1.0: Initial release

[attachment deleted due to age]

Harry_Dicks

This looks fantastic! Thank you, OP. Have you had any experience with and/or comments on Quality Builder and your mod working together? I have only seen QB in screenshots and not gotten around to testing it yet myself, but was curious if you had.

Phomor

There should be no conflict between the two, just tested it a bit and it worked just like it should. This mod should be compatible with almost any other mod, thanks to harmony. The only thing it does is run a postfix method after the randomCreationQuality() method of the QualityUtility class of Rimworld.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Phomor on February 11, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
run a postfix method after the randomCreationQuality() method of the QualityUtility class

Mmhmmm, yeah. I know some of these words.

Nah but really, thanks for this! ;D

Giraffe

This is one of those mods that just has me thinking "this really should be in the game to begin with"

Thank you so much

Crow_T

Nice mod- can it work with construction as well?
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Canute

QuoteIn Detail:
A skill 7+ Crafter will make at least a shoddy item.
A skill 9+ Crafter will make at least a poor item.
A skill 13+ Crafter will make at least a normal item.
A skill 17+ Crafter will make at least a good item.
Also affects building quality, so tables, chairs, etc.

Phomor

Changed the text a bit, it actually affects everything where quality is decided by the skill of the crafter, which includes smithing, tailoring, construction and art

Crow_T

Quote from: Phomor on February 14, 2018, 03:55:46 PM
Changed the text a bit, it actually affects everything where quality is decided by the skill of the crafter, which includes smithing, tailoring, construction and art

Yeah I guess I missed that part ;) Was a long day... But that means this mod is going into my game WITH GUSTO :D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Phomor

Phomor

New version 1.2: Support for Rimworld 1.0

Resurak

Fantastic mod!

There is an issue in the settings menu though. When I slide from left to right (and vice-versa) in one slider, in the other sliders the pointer move too (not the number, only the pointer).

Don't know if this is intended, but if there is an algorithm behind (maybe to keep balanced the values) it should actually change the value and not only the pointer position.

Not sure if this is clear to understand (i'm not english), but I wanted to report this anyway and if you are willing to put a sort of balance in the values it would be really nice and not cheaty, because if my workers with lvl 5 of construction can always make excellent stuff thats a little cheaty xD.

Maybe this mod can work very well with an option with fixed values (the ones in the main post are great) and another option (disabled by default) with the possibility to change the values.

P.s: why not adding the possibilty for a lvl 20 worker to make masterpiece and legendary items only?

Phomor

Thanks for the compliment.
The slider setting isn't an issue, the slider maximums are just based off the values of the other sliders. So the pointer will move because the range changed and the game adjusts to that. The values of the sliders aren't actually changing, just the value of the slider that you are changing is.
Also the original mod didn't have a settings menu but it was requested so I added it.
Balance should be there with the vanilla values, that is skill 9 for poor, skill 13 for normal and skill 17 for good. So if you want that balance you can just never go into the settings menu.
I may add masterwork and legendary settings soon.

lwki

Was waiting for a mod like this. And yes please add for masterwork and legendary options.

Syrchalis

Quote from: lwki on July 17, 2018, 02:36:15 PM
Was waiting for a mod like this. And yes please add for masterwork and legendary options.
I am hoping for a chance modifier instead of guaranteed here, I would totally love a tiny chance for legendary at skill 20 and more masterworks, but I wouldn't want every item to be masterwork/legendary.

Simply because I would need to modify the stat bonuses. They are truly legendary for legendary items. E.g. a legendary billiards table has like 250% or more recreation power, and that's the least problematic one. (1.5 damage/armorpen multiplier comes to mind).

Also the insane market value of legendary items...
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.