Toxic fallout/volcanic winter/multiple coldsnaps annoy the hell out of me

Started by James Swift, February 11, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eadras

These events do occur quite frequently, and result in a dead landscape after a few years of gameplay.  They aren't that big of a challenge to cope with in a standard start, but the tribal start makes them much more difficult.  I've resorted to unplanned migration several times in my current tribal Cassandra/extreme game, as these environmental events are relentless, along with poison ships and mech raids.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: eadras on February 14, 2018, 10:49:06 AM
These events do occur quite frequently, and result in a dead landscape after a few years of gameplay.  They aren't that big of a challenge to cope with in a standard start, but the tribal start makes them much more difficult.  I've resorted to unplanned migration several times in my current tribal Cassandra/extreme game, as these environmental events are relentless, along with poison ships and mech raids.

Tribes can almost always hunt or food-store their way out of these.  Toxic fallout in 1st two quadrums would be the exception.

But with fallout you're still stuck manually checking everyone constantly and that sucks.

Cas is harder than Randy, but she does at least give a progression so you're unlikely to go 1 year without significant pirate raids/weapons followed by a siege or a huge number of mechs.  Once you start looting pirate weapons most of the raid types are manageable.