Most Specialized Colony?

Started by Jackalvin, February 12, 2018, 09:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackalvin

Foreword- A Specialized Colony is one that has a unique export or theme. One of the most common examples is hat factories making hats out of human leather. Feel free to post your own specialized settlement.

So I had a colony that only sold simple meals. While these simple meals were made of "interesting" ingredients, the traders didn't mind. My colony had that sort of farm feel, but our cattle was... unique. I never asked 'Is 13 1x2 prisoner rooms too much?'. The answer was no. Of course not.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

MeowRailroad

One time I took some colonists named Bubba, Cletus, and Earl and tried to set up a country gift shop/ museum and ranch but everyone ended up dying before I could get started.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

ballislife45

I usually end up making joints, because they're quick and easy to make and sell for a decent price.

Call me Arty

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, the Call of Cthulu "Cults" mod, and the Vampire mod make for an interesting trinity. Oh, add Dubs Hygiene to that for clarification.

Oh, also, mods make this game infinitely better than it already is.

Step one: Acquire prisoner.
Step two: Harvest everything non-vital from that prisoner
Step three a: Add that legless, defenseless prisoner to the beds in the bathrooms of the Vampires. Since they're Vampires who don't need to use the bathroom, these are snack-closets so that the Vamp doesn't need to walk all the way to the prison to drink. If each Vampire/Ghoul already has two snacks in the snack-closet, use a Vampire experienced in transformation magic to warp them into a subservient mass of flesh. These can help with work around the colony, can sell for a fair price, or act as an emergency food source.
Step three b: Bring that legless, defenseless prisoner to the altar in the eldritch cathedral. Hold a sermon in which you sacrifice them to Lord Dagon in exchange for riches. Acquire riches, increase colony wealth, acquire more prisoners. See step one.

This is also probably the most FUBAR thing I've ever done in a video game. Thank-you Tynan for the game, and thank-you Jecrell and Co. for the wonderful bastardization of the Space Cannibals Summer Camp simulator.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

gipothegip

Quote from: ballislife45 on February 12, 2018, 10:13:47 PM
I usually end up making joints, because they're quick and easy to make and sell for a decent price.

I experimented with a pot smokeleaf colony once, even had my pawns smoking it. Everyone was happy, but not very productive, and they ate a lot.

I just had to experiment... for science.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

ballislife45

Quote from: gipothegip on February 13, 2018, 06:07:51 AM
Quote from: ballislife45 on February 12, 2018, 10:13:47 PM

I experimented with a pot smokeleaf colony once, even had my pawns smoking it. Everyone was happy, but not very productive, and they ate a lot.

I just had to experiment... for science.

If you ever try again, remember: The number one rule is to never smoke your own stuff. I set everybody to a no drugs policy and turn away anybody with chemical interest/fascination. However, I sometimes let colonists close to a break smoke one if it's been a while.