[Request]Sex And babys

Started by Robertmra, June 07, 2014, 06:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

Well, for those that would actually like a way to clone more colonists in the game, I'm working on a mod for it: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5297.0
It's practically finished already, just wanting to add a few more tweaks before I consider it 'released'.

Riael

Quote from: Olek on June 07, 2014, 09:22:15 AM
That sounds more like Sim-world, not Rim-world :)

... Soooo basically by your logic if someone in a video game tries to procreate it isn't mimicking real life but a sims game.

Well I can see why you would think that I mean... we all know that the original sims came out before life existed but...

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Xeewon

I would absolutely love to see this and a lot of the other ideas put into rimworld! its all about the stories you and your colony create!!

LordJulian

I think it's best limited to relationships rather than procreation, that would in turn have a whole new level of mircomanagement and radically different gameplay styles. One example is a baby as an always-injured colonist. More work and stress for the couple would lead to dwarf fortress desecration.

Dragoon

Quote from: LordJulian on September 02, 2014, 10:04:57 AM
I think it's best limited to relationships rather than procreation, that would in turn have a whole new level of mircomanagement and radically different gameplay styles. One example is a baby as an always-injured colonist. More work and stress for the couple would lead to dwarf fortress desecration.

That seems really pointless without procreation and seem like it would lead to more likely of an event of them leaving if it were just realtionships.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

tchiseen

I like this idea. Let's take this a step further: Animal Reproduction. Goes hand in hand with domestication to make colonies !FUN! :)

Dragoon

Animals spawn all over the map (and if it was set to that during winter most species would go extinct ). Not say it's a bad idea tho, it sounds like it would be nice to a baby muffalo with the adults :)