Whats the population cap on bugs at now?

Started by antibodee, June 09, 2018, 02:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I think that will teach you to eliminate an infestation next time sooner. :-)

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: antibodee on June 09, 2018, 02:47:22 PM
I have begun building massive launchers to try to evaculate my supplies and colonies.

I play multiple colonies occasionally, so Im good in this field and can say that you don't need to build transport pods for that. You can settle another colony with just one world map tile in between and leave your first colony "open". Then you start caravanning whats important first, once you leave the original colony and settle the second colony, transferring goods from one to another is almost instantaneous. Leave one colony and immediately after you are entering the other one. Once you transfer everything, the first map can be either left open or "abandon" it. The only problem of leaving it open is that the game is not designed to split all notification alerts, so sometimes you will have to check where what is happening.

Canute

And risk that his pawn try to path over the bugs everytime he form a new caravan.
Maybe he want take the offer from the friendly AI and reach these Ship.

Yoshida Keiji

When selecting exit point, don't choose the direction where the hive is in... Also, I haven't tried it myself but I would experiment how it would go if the player just drafts the caravan safely to a border. I was just telling to economize the transfer.

Bozobub

Quote from: Canute on June 10, 2018, 09:58:05 AM
And risk that his pawn try to path over the bugs everytime he form a new caravan.
Maybe he want take the offer from the friendly AI and reach these Ship.
You apparently missed the part where OP explained the bugs are "bottled up" in the mountain, for the moment ;),
Thanks, belgord!

Dashthechinchilla

If you have no exposed roof, you can wall them in with coolers. They freeze too. And there is plenty of fuel, bugs burn.

I am 90 percent sure that the new map will be set to the default. Don't forget to click abandon on the old bas. The Setup Camp mod can help you move.

8roads

I really think there should be quests like 'saving allies from infestation' or 'go through the infested area'.

Diche_Bach

I breached into some sort of "ancient" facility. Not a crypt, more like a control room of some sort. There were several spiderlike/automaton like things in there. I think they were actual insects, though not sure. My five low-grade shooters with bolt-action rifles didn't stand a chance. Wiped me out  :D

Are those the "bugs" under discussion here, or a different flavor?

Never knew mining was so dangerous till this game  ;D
Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.

saulysw

Quote from: Diche_Bach on June 13, 2018, 09:21:14 AM
I breached into some sort of "ancient" facility. Not a crypt, more like a control room of some sort. There were several spiderlike/automaton like things in there. I think they were actual insects, though not sure. My five low-grade shooters with bolt-action rifles didn't stand a chance. Wiped me out  :D

Are those the "bugs" under discussion here, or a different flavor?

Never knew mining was so dangerous till this game  ;D

A different flavour, more mechanoid than insect. See https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Mechanoid

Both are nasty.

Canute

Even tribe's are nasty if they attack in these mass like you got insect's on your map.
They might have horrible looses, but they will just overrun you.

antibodee

I find tribes cake.  Pirates are only hard when they have too many snipers and mine around the killbox.  Mechs are only hard without good cover, with too many snipers or inferno cannons. 

Bugs.. however... yes.  DEFINITELY NEED TO KILL EARLIER THAN I DID.

Update though, the whole colony died... When they were split up in two groups mid transfer, the old colony got attacked hard, and 10 minutes later.. the new colony got attacked. lol.

antibodee

Also, somewhere around 250 bugs seemed to be the natural limit.  They stopped reproducing at that point.