Modded game crashed after some minutes of gameplay

Started by Kenny-112, February 15, 2018, 07:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny-112

Hello,

I really need some help.
I tried to find out which mod makes this problems. All of this mods are downloaded from steam workshop and for B18.

In the logs there are problems with KERNELBASE.dll and sometimes mono.dll

I hope you can help me to find out which mod configuration is problematic.

Thank you

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Ok, you run out of memory.
But since you don't use that many mods (still below 100) you either play on a very large map and/or large world.
And Zombieland use alot of resources too, maybe use the mod option to tune down the zombies.

Kenny-112

I use most of these mods since Alpha 16/17 and it ran very good.
And there aren't zombies at the map because they spawn in day 15 and my game crashed day 2/3?

Canute

Ich kann dir nur sagen

Exception while saving RimWorld.Planet.WorldGrid: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

Warum oder wohin der ganze speicher fliesst kann ich nicht sagen.
Also kleinere Karte, kleinere Welt als vorher, und dann versuchen.

Calahan

As Canute says, your log file is saying you ran out of memory. Which might be due to a lack of system RAM (please confirm what O/S are you using, and how much system RAM your laptop has). Or if you have 8GM+ of system RAM then the out of memory crash very likely to be due to the 4GB* RAM limit for 32bit programs (*which can be lower than that depending on your version of Windows).

Try starting a new game with these mods on the smallest world coverage and map size. And maybe starting with just one Pawn as well. If that doesn't crash then that likely confirms your are just running out of RAM. But if that crashes as well then it's likely an issue with a mod or your combination of mods (which is just using too much of your available RAM). And if oth the above still crash then try a vanilla game just to check if that works okay or not.

Also moving this to mod bugs because it's either a crash due to too many mod/mod combo, or a simple lack of RAM full stop (if your computer has 4GB or less). In which case you need to use less mods.

Kenny-112

My Laptop has an i7 6700HQ and 16Gb RAM, also a GTX 970M.
The OS is Win 10

It helps a lot to play with a 30% world. Seems to run. But all in all, Rimworld never used more then 3Gb of RAM so I'm wondering  :o

Calahan

Quote from: Kenny-112 on February 15, 2018, 11:30:58 AM
My Laptop has an i7 6700HQ and 16Gb RAM, also a GTX 970M.
The OS is Win 10

System RAM certainly not the problem then :) So it's your mods and/or world and map settings that are the cause.

Quote from: Kenny-112 on February 15, 2018, 11:30:58 AMBut all in all, Rimworld never used more then 3Gb of RAM so I'm wondering  :o

Vanilla RimWorld uses a lot less than that, even for mature colonies on large maps/worlds. The extra usage is due to your mods. If these are the same mods you've always used for previous versions, then maybe the mods themselves have changed/been expanded? And that is causing them to use more RAM than they used to. Not sure to be honest, but either way lack of available memory is the cause of your crashes, so you either need to play on very small maps and/or trim your mods. And keep in mind that even if you can avoid the game crashing early on, if you are using 3GB memory at the start of the game then you are almost guaranteeing you will run into problems at some stage (as your colony/game matures).

Canute

We all hope after the release of 1.0 Rimworld will become 64 bit in future, so these "out of memory" for non linux user will be gone.

Kenny-112

I tested a while and now I have crashes again.
A Tiberium Rim world with zombies sounds to good for a 32-Bit game actually. That's so sad.

Rimworld in main menu takes 1,7Gb Ram, the loaded game takes 3,8Gb before it crashes again. And i try RuntimeGC and so on.

That's the second mod who's non usable at the moment. Map configuration was in Alpha 17 so great but in B18 it crashes really hard  :-\

Canute

Don't forget the mod advance too.
I know from some other who use 100+ mods under windows and don't got crashes.
But at the other side, just someone else reported out of memory crashes with Zombieland too.
So i think the zombie's, even with reduced pawn abilities, consume alot of memory.
And from my side, Tiberium alone is more then enough dangerous, they add alot of tiberium animals.
You don't need zombie's at this scenario.

But if you got the passion, maybe invest your time into linux and setup a partition for for it. Then you don't got any memory problems.
Maybe take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38015.0