(Mod Request)no research

Started by ajaviide, February 15, 2018, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajaviide

Can someone make a mod, so you can start a game as crashlanded (new arrivals faction) with no research?

cheers

SzQ

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

CplCuddles

Quote from: ajaviide on February 15, 2018, 06:49:43 PM
Can someone make a mod, so you can start a game as crashlanded (new arrivals faction) with no research?

cheers

I can do that, I currently have it done on my own game, but I have my mods all integrated. I'm at work currently, but when I get home I'll make it and post it up for you.

Quote from: SzQ on February 15, 2018, 10:11:58 PM
Pretty sure you can make custom scenario to start with nothing. Like here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgA6pJi3-0Q&t=0s&index=1&list=PLhu1IU-H0hU2oLI8EHp1VEzQgTgLTiNU_

He isn't asking about starting with nothing, he wants to start with no research completed.

CplCuddles

Quote from: ajaviide on February 15, 2018, 06:49:43 PM

cheers
I just made this, you enable it in the mod menu and presto! You can use any scenario and it will work. You have to start a new game for this to take effect, but after you start the game you can disable it and it still take effect. This is because the way Rimworld handles the starting research, it is looked at the very beginning when the game instance is first created and that's it, this mod just disables any research from being enabled this way. The only exception to this is if you add a "start with research" modifier to a scenario, like the rich explorer one. It won't just complete that research, it will complete each prerequisite as well.
[B18]No Research