It's really silly that you can't wear both tribalwear and an armored vest

Started by Ser Kitteh, February 20, 2018, 07:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

The first time I tried a tribal run was two alphas ago. Killed some raiders who were wearing vests, thought to myself great! So I decided to put it on and wait, why is my warrior naked?

This is supremely silly and goes in hand with tribal runs not being all that fleshed out. B18 added war masks and war veil, and while I can ignore how war masks all look like that mask in The Mask pre-transformation, I can at least appreciate the veils. Tribalwear IRL depends very much on where the tribals live. Tribals in the desert wear robes and tribals in the jungle wear loose clothing. We can go on and on about how Rimworld is not actually designed very well for no-elecriticty no-gun runs but first, can we please give these poor tribals hats and stuff?

Also, some chainmail that can be crafted at the smithy would be nice. It does nothing for guns but maybe it works well for melee.

sick puppy

medieval rimworld needs some love, confirmed
tribal rimworld needs to get fixed, positive

Ser Kitteh

Rimworld's tribal playthrough are designed for you to "advance" the techtree. It's understandable that a tribal run shouldn't be easy, but considering the ships, mechanoids, and the fact there are no reliable LOW-TECH ways to become better at combat and medical care means you need to really cheese (long hallway with traps) or bite the bullet and research electricity and guns.

Guns can be bought, that to me is fine. That's what happens when Europeans came to Japan and the New World after all, the locals bought guns and got pretty good with em'. But pre-modern people also had good armour, are able to preserve foods, and have a variety of different clothes that isn't basically neanderthal era clothing.

So please please please, can we give tribals some love?

Canute

If you want more tribal love, you should invest into mods.

At the vanilla game, tribal start is just diffuclt start, 2 more people vs. harder research. And not a playstyle.

Ser Kitteh

Quote from: Canute on February 22, 2018, 10:34:19 AM

At the vanilla game, tribal start is just diffuclt start, 2 more people vs. harder research. And not a playstyle.

Players: There's a problem with the game.
Also players: MOOOOOOOOOODSSSS

This is a terrible attitude to hold. It's one thing to demand vehicles, it's another thing to overlook something as basic as clothes.

I play tribal essentials like everyone else, doesn't change the fact that it's really dumb you can't wear a vest over tribalwear either.

It's also totally legitimate to point out that tribal runs aren't fleshed out, that even though you start off tribal 3 years later your colony looks no different from other colonies if you research electricity and the like.

sick puppy

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on February 23, 2018, 02:21:35 AM
Quote from: Canute on February 22, 2018, 10:34:19 AM

Players: There's a problem with the game.
Also players: MOOOOOOOOOODSSSS

This is a terrible attitude to hold. It's one thing to demand vehicles, it's another thing to overlook something as basic as clothes.

I play tribal essentials like everyone else, doesn't change the fact that it's really dumb you can't wear a vest over tribalwear either.

It's also totally legitimate to point out that tribal runs aren't fleshed out, that even though you start off tribal 3 years later your colony looks no different from other colonies if you research electricity and the like.
this
ps: sorry for the spam.
pps: but it had to be repeated.