Started by Kiter5, February 15, 2018, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiter5

I didn't expect my games to be full of

hook-ups
break-ups
divorces
make-ups

and for the first time ever for my games-- an affair.
he kicked his wife out of the bedroom so his lover can sleep in his bed.
what a jerk!

Cloud Breaker

Quote from: Kiter5 on February 15, 2018, 10:19:20 PM
I didn't expect my games to be full of

hook-ups
break-ups
divorces
make-ups

and for the first time ever for my games-- an affair.
he kicked his wife out of the bedroom so his lover can sleep in his bed.
what a jerk!

I had a pawn who's wife got killed on the front lines, as soon as she died he went off with another colonist and made hearts in a bed.  As the hearts stopped and they both layed there, on the other side of the colony a pwn who's name has slipped into eternity gently slid the cheaters wife into the sarcophagus.  I think that was the first time I felt true disgust for a member of my colony.  I love this game.

jamaicancastle

RimWorld: come for the memes about making hats out of raiders, stay for The Young and the Restless.

Razzoriel

So over-stressed people fighting for their lives in an alien planet facing every single type of problems are having dramas between them? It's almost like the adrenaline makes people join together and fire up their genetic codes to attempt to create offspring in the odd chance they die...

Canute

Yeah, basicly thats the same i though as they implemt the social system.
More way's to hassel and cripple my pawns.
And when i look at the series like walking dead, hey you are one of the last humans on earth and you still fight each other ?
But then i think, only the smart/strongs and the badass who allready fight anything but each other would survive the apocalypse.

But currently i say, its so boring without social now.

Kiter5

Quote from: Razzoriel on February 16, 2018, 08:34:05 AM
So over-stressed people fighting for their lives in an alien planet facing every single type of problems are having dramas between them? It's almost like the adrenaline makes people join together and fire up their genetic codes to attempt to create offspring in the odd chance they die...

But do they ever? reproduce to ensure the survival of their species?

I've only been playing since December- Lots of animals get pregnant, never seen a pregnant human. not yet. I probably haven't played past mid-game-timeline though.

Current status of the affair:
the mistress dumped him after being slighted, (which is probably what his wife should have done).

wwWraith

Quote from: Kiter5 on February 16, 2018, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Razzoriel on February 16, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

But do they ever? reproduce to ensure the survival of their species?

They do not in vanilla, however there is mod Children and Pregnancy (WIP).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Dashthechinchilla

I have a distinct lack of drama in my colony. Hardly any paring, but lots of social fighting, especially over "disfigured ".

cultist

It seems to be all or nothing for me. I either get pawns who form 1, 2 couples at most and stay faithful or pawns who cheat and insult each other endlessly. The beautiful trait can contribute to this behavior as the endless assault of come-ons will eventually result in the pawn cheating.