[B19] Cassandra Hardcore

Started by Wanderer_joins, February 17, 2018, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mehni on February 17, 2018, 07:22:08 PM
Using TickMultiThread by Blas88? That thing uses old-style detours on and thus derails a ton of mods.

Please tell Blas he needs to get with the times and use Harmony.

I have combined some mods that might have been smaller and/or with (only) dll(s) without any harmony dlls. Does that mean these mods could also possibly be causing issues via their patching methods? Some of the ones I have combined are: Blowguns.dll, DeathRattle.dll, IdleFix.dll (Idle Pawn Fix), JTZoneButtons.dll, Lush Meadow.dll, MiningCo. AlertSpeaker.dll, MiningCo. MiningHelmet.dll, musicPauseOut.dll (Music Never Stops), ShutdownAll.dll (Shutdown All Mechanoids), AntiAutoUnload.dll, CaravanOptions.dll, CustomDeathRandomness.dll, LessArbitrarySurgery.dll and TradingSpot.dll.

I guess the questions are: Do these mods stand to cause issues because they don't use harmony? Does anyone know of these particular mods causing any issues?

wwWraith

I'm using IdleFix, MiningHelmet, AntiAutoUnload, CaravanOptions, LessArbitrarySurgery and TradingSpot without issues (or at least I couldn't notice them). JTZoneButtons worked for me only in some old version like in A14, later versions simply don't show their buttons (thought it doesn't look like it causing issues to other mods).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 17, 2018, 01:44:04 PM
Holy crap your graphs are absolutely amazing and I really hope that you make more of them.
Harry,
what are so special about these graphs, basicly thats a simple "Draw Function Graphs" with different input parameter overlay.
Didn't you plot at school some y= a * x² + b on paper?
Today you can find app's for your mobile or desktop PC they do this.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2018, 02:55:59 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 17, 2018, 01:44:04 PM
Holy crap your graphs are absolutely amazing and I really hope that you make more of them.
Harry,
what are so special about these graphs, basicly thats a simple "Draw Function Graphs" with different input parameter overlay.
What is so special about these graphs is that they are related to something that I'm actually interested in.

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2018, 02:55:59 AM
Didn't you plot at school some y= a * x² + b on paper?
Today you can find app's for your mobile or desktop PC they do this.
Didn't you learn at school some people like to tell others good job?
Today you can find kids being friendly and saying nice things to each other.

I really have trouble telling if your fucking with me. Do you really feel the need to tell me that there exists in the [CURRENT YEAR] applications for making graphs? I'm typing to you on a forum about damn video game modifications and you want to tell me this? Do you think I want to see random graphs of anything? When you say this then I begin to doubt your sincerity.

Apparently giving a mod author praise for extra things they go out of the way to do, is worth criticism of itself. Sure I know I can be over-the-top sometimes, but you are not the judge of what is and isn't acceptable around here.

SzQ

Easy, he just hoped to be smart.

It's just that minimalist aesthetics of these graphs are comfy to look at.

Don't fuck with Harrys Dicks kids.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Mehni on February 17, 2018, 02:42:50 PM
This is great, thank you!

Somewhere between a Cassandra and a Pandora sounds like great fun. How about another sister to your Hardcore Cassandra, one with a quicker pace? Could use the same Threat Cycle, but one that keeps up the pace.

Thank you for reminding me of the idea!

Hardcore Cassandra is more a mainstream Cassandra experience with a harder mid-end game. There is still plenty of room between Cassandra Hardcore and Pandora.

A quicker pace? That would be ultra hardcore but it sounds like a great idea. Much faster would be really hard, with Pandora you know you're doomed if you're raided before your walls are repaired or your infestation is cleaned up. Maybe Pandora early game with a slightly faster pace and more reasonable threats mid-end game? For the show, you've to survive 2-3 years and then the threats stop skyrocketting to enjoy you success.

Harry_Dicks

This mod is making me further realize what I think could be one of the best customization mods, ever: a mod that let's you fully customize your storyteller, events/incidents (individually turn on/off/recurring at/between X intervals), difficulty curves, raid sizes, etc. all on the fly and after the game has already started.

Sounds like it could be a bit of work, but damn that would be so awesome. Say I want to have a small raid every 10 days, but I also want to have an eclipse that lasts a year, but it doesn't come in until year 3, and my raids don't start until after year one. Make the weather start going crazy for 3 months every 6 months, starting after 9 months. This could all be in addition to your regular storyteller chugging along like normal, still throwing whatever your way, so as to not ruin all surprises for yourself.

The possibilities are endless.

Drglord

Well i uninstalled all the mods that didn't use harmony... I even started a new game... I am still getting periodically this message.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StorytellerUtilityCassandraBlack.DefaultParmsNow (RimWorld.StorytellerDef tellerDef, IncidentCategory incCat, IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_ThreatCycle_CassandraBlack.GenerateParms (IncidentCategory incCat, IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_ThreatCycle.GenerateQueuedThreatBig (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_ThreatCycle+<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any help would be welcome.

Wanderer_joins

Maybe you've got Pandora loaded? I've added a warning, you have to load only one storyteller Pandora, Cassandra Hardcore or Crazy Cassie. They all replace the threat scale and conflict with each other.

Drglord

Oh man thanks will try i don't even use pandora i just have it installed...

edit. nope didn't work back to drawing board....

Wanderer_joins

Ok, i could not reproduce the error. I'll double check the code tomorrow, make sure to have the steam version in case i messed up with dropbox

Drglord

Yeah thanks for the time i have like ton of mods loaded (probably all the popular ones) (removed all the storytellers). So it must be some conflict i guess... I'll try to put the storyteller mod higher up maybe? Anyway thanks for your time i really appreciate it since it is an amazing mod.

Wanderer_joins

Thank you for you feedback. It seems the errors came from the turrets and traps formula. So I've removed their combat points for now.

The only mod conflict should be between Cassandra Hardcore and Crazy Cassie, which i've put on dropbox only.

Drglord

Oh so traps won't be giving points  :-X i really liked that feature cause no other storyteller had that... hope you can get it to work and hoping to see more of your mods thanks.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Drglord on February 20, 2018, 09:44:51 PM
Oh so traps won't be giving points  :-X i really liked that feature cause no other storyteller had that...

I thought raids took into account all of your defenses. That's what we're talking about, related to points for a raid size, correct?