Deleting Languages folder from Core

Started by Harry_Dicks, February 17, 2018, 09:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

I was wondering if I delete the Languages folder from the Core if I will have any issues in the game? I ask because I have had the issue with the characters that look really crazy in mods. I think this was because they would be missing the language files for certain strings, or something like this. Anyway, will I have issues similar to this in my game if I do remove them?

The reason I want to remove the files is because a lot of times I will be doing a "Find in Files" search function with Notepad++ in my entire Mods folder. When the search results finally come in, they could end up being extremely cluttered with lots of entries from the Languages folder, along with the results I was looking for spaced out and hidden among the huge mess of search results.

Harry_Dicks

Ah what the heck. I was curious if anyone knew the answer to this, but then I decided I might try this later on myself anyway. I go to delete the thread and, "You cannot delete your own topics in this board. Check to make sure this topic wasn't just moved to another board." :-[

Canute

I am doing that mosttimes myself too and never encounter a problem.

wwWraith

I think you can safely move Languages or Core somewhere from Mods while you are making search then move it back when finished. Or maybe mark it as hidden. Most probably their contents are loaded when RimWorld starts so even removing them while the game is active won't be a problem.

Btw I prefer to use Total Commander for such tasks, you can search only in selected folders (select all in Mods then just deselect Core).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on February 17, 2018, 12:17:37 PM
Btw I prefer to use Total Commander for such tasks, you can search only in selected folders (select all in Mods then just deselect Core).

Nice! I am always on the lookout for tips and new programs like this. Thanks guys, and wwWraith if you ever see anything like that, please post more good tips, thank you! :)