[Mod Request] Health overview warning anything less than OK

Started by morrosis, February 17, 2018, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrosis

Hey,
Looking for a mod that will warn if a pawns health status is anything less than OK, reason for the mod is in the attached image I never knew his kidney was destroyed until I was checking something else

[attachment deleted due to age]

Harry_Dicks

Medical Tab? That won't give an alert, but you can at least get an overview of all of your colonists to see if anything is off. Same thing with the mod Numbers, which is great for a lot of other things, too. Maybe you can set a custom alert with ED-Enhanced Options, not sure.

Jaxxa

I don't think that is a function of ED-Enhanced Options and I would think that I should know if it was :)
Although I am not opposed to adding it to the list of potential improvements if we can get a good idea of how it should work.

For example, what should it warn about? just permanent injuries or things that should heal?
When should it check, should it be automatic or do you need to trigger something?
What about subsequent alerts? Should it keep informing you of the same thing?
Maybe a monthly health alert?

wwWraith

Quote from: Jaxxa on February 20, 2018, 12:02:00 AM
I don't think that is a function of ED-Enhanced Options and I would think that I should know if it was :)
Although I am not opposed to adding it to the list of potential improvements if we can get a good idea of how it should work.

For example, what should it warn about? just permanent injuries or things that should heal?
When should it check, should it be automatic or do you need to trigger something?
What about subsequent alerts? Should it keep informing you of the same thing?
Maybe a monthly health alert?

1. Permanent injuries, as "things that should heal" probably will be healed automatically.
2. The alert should be triggered when the pawn loses a bodypart or receives a scar, etc.
3. The list of the pawns with permanent injuries should be kept on screen, like e.g. for starvation.

1 and 3 could be made configurable. Also optionally it could account for pets.

Actually it was already implemented in https://github.com/maarxx/InjuryNotifier, it just needs to be updated.
And if you'll like it, maybe you'll consider updating https://github.com/maarxx/MoreAlerts. You could combine them and add some options like what alert types should be kept on screen / shown once / hidden.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Jaxxa

Some interesting mods there, maybe I will eventually look at updating some of them.