Previous topic - Next topic

Good idea?

Yes
No
Maybe some of the features
Yes with more features
Not ever it would ruin the game

Architect

I once wrote a real quick 2D oxygen simulator thing for a tile based game. It was only in GML admittedly, but it was capable of simulating pressure as well as dynamic gas dissipation. I could re write it in c# pretty easily, the only issue would be converting it out of Unity's monobehaviour stuff and into Tynan's custom 'thing' types. Plus saving would be a significant issue.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

artemas

With the inclusion of apparel and gear in alpha 5, it'd be possible to add a spacesuit for colonists. Having some sort of airlock functionality would be pretty important, and possibly the toughest part, interrupting colonist jobs to put on/take off a spacesuit. Some other things might need to be changed as well. Tribal groups might need to be cut out, maybe some building materials aren't air tight, like stone brick? Once landing site choices are in, it'd be a shoe in as one of the choices.

Gabriel_Braun

Actually since the changelog for June 11th stated that a 'Cabin fever' thought has been added then it should be straightforward enough to implement this sort of thing in a mod without any .DLL antics:

I've not looked yet so am just brainstorming but if 'cabin fever' adds a negative mood modification after a certain amount of time indoors then the opposite ought to be possible too.  It's not perfect but it would simulate a world with either an atmosphere or other property that's harmful over long exposure periods. 

Would only work for colonists if raiders and visitors gained a specific mood buff to counter it like 'adapted' or 'breathing equipment' though :)

lilsammy

I quite like this idea I play Spacebase too and I like the fact that you need to watch for oxygen levels and the negatives that come with it, I also think that it would merge well into the whole rimworld story where people not originally from the planet you play on would have a biology which is not suited to that environment where as locals may have adapted, it would make for a more passive and constant challenge and in my opinion would be a better alternative to the amount of raids you get.