[B18] (WIP) Lord of the Rims - A RimWorld Collaborative Project

Started by jecrell, February 18, 2018, 12:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

We've moved to release!

Find Lord of the Rims --- Here

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41713.0
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Harry_Dicks

herrschor

Tal Raziid

The real question is whether or not the Hobbits will still need second breakfast

MoistWizard

Are the WIP more or less functional in their state? as in they can be integrated in the mod list and played without expecting fatal error?

Bombadil

@MoistWizard Haven't tried myself so I can't tell you. If you can't start a game with them and they don't appear as a faction and as visitors you might be able to dev spawn them in.
@Tal Razlid Hobbits will most certainly be very particular about their food!

Bombadil

Some more WIP pictures for you!

More Elves

Comfy Hobbit hole

Mallorn tree biome

Mallorn tree biome

Cult.ist

Rohan? Haradrim? Dorwinion? Gondor? The Rhûn? Etc.
How far do you plan on developing this?

Bombadil

This mod series will be big so in answer to your question we are going far! It will include Rohirrim, Haradrim, Gondorian, and Easterlings and many more. Can't say about Dorwinion. Content will be in stages.

Bombadil

Elves are coming along well!

So are the orcs. They like it a bit rough.

DiamondBorne

I'm curious about the direction/feeling of this mod collab. Will this be a 1:1 recreation of LoTR or a 'what-if' style where Middle-earth denizens has  survived Dagor Dagorath and achieved space travel?

r0xx0r01

This looks amazing, I cannot wait to test more things out with this!  A+!

Tomasdav

Quote from: DiamondBorne on April 19, 2018, 06:59:15 AM
I'm curious about the direction/feeling of this mod collab. Will this be a 1:1 recreation of LoTR or a 'what-if' style where Middle-earth denizens has  survived Dagor Dagorath and achieved space travel?
Well to make it really LOTR related elf should be slowly loosing their research because in the books they are degrading since the first age

Bombadil

@DiamondBorne The feeling is whatever you want to make it because the mod isn't a total overhaul by itself, it only adds stuff. With other mods combined, you can have an Elven Sith overlord commanding androids and plasma weapons. If you want to do pure LOTR, you can, you just need the right mods.