Migrant Worker Event

Started by Indoril120, February 18, 2018, 01:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indoril120

It's be sort of like when someone comes by being chased by pirates but with no pirates, and instead of begging for help they would just ask for a place to stay for a while in exchange for offering their work. They would propose a length of time they would stay in your colony, becoming a member and behaving just like any other one of your pawns. Once the duration of their stay expired, they would switch back to an NPC and proceed to leave the colony, moving on in search of more work. You could maybe ask them to stay on as a permanent colonist at the end, but if you didn't like them then you'd say sayonara and they'd leave.

Seems pretty simple to implement (maybe not, but I wouldn't know), and I think it'd be a fun little thing to add to this already great game. What do you guys think?

AileTheAlien

If it was simple to put in, it might be cool. I have my doubts though. Even the UI doesn't have any labels except for colonist, enemy, and neutrals - I guess you could have a clock on the icon, for "limited time only colonists"?

BetaSpectre

I think this and the defector event would be equally unpopular long term, people never like losing people even if these workers would have been temporary. In fact it might even be more useful to use them like cannon fodder due to the fact they'll leave sooner or later. Or just strip them and get rid of them.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

gipothegip

I think it'd be redundant. Wanderers already join, with the added benefit of staying.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

VincentJ

They could stay as long as you have enough silver to pay them, or enough food if they are food lover, or enough alcohol if they are alcoholic, or a beautiful woman amongst you, it they're naive.

Of course, you could try to jail them if they want to leave, it always succeeds, time is on your side.

giannikampa

I like this suggestion, having to pay them seems good to me, as well as having to keep them safe and fed. And faction reputation could enter in play as long as all faction reputation gets a revamp.
I personally can imagine them to not be controlled by player, simply go to do jobs around, except for those with quality outcome for reasons..
Then they choose a free bed and rest there as their own until the day they leave. Reasons for leaving your colony are quite obivious.
I have doubts on assigning them regions, because of exployting it could happen.
Still totally in favour of more interactions with the factions around us
And as always.. sorry for my bad english