The feeling when you wake up, eat breakfast, load the game and...

Started by Ukas, February 15, 2018, 05:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukas

...take a look at your colony, it's a nice summer day and people are doing their things peacefully, all seems nice until suddenly you hear this weird growl and people are overrun by a bunch of manhunter muffalos. Because you forgot you had this alarm as last night when you thought "ok I'm just gonna go to bed and deal with this tomorroe". Funny as hell as it still happens after countless hours of gameplay )))

Shurp

This is why I always save immediately when there is an event, *before* clicking the mail icon to go away.  When I reload I have an immediate reminder of impending doom.

Sometimes I even scroll over to the trouble spot and then click save; the savegame restores your previous view.  "Hey, there's a mob of sappers about to attack, maybe I should rearrange my turrets!"
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RimSol

hahaha, i always put a description in the saved game name- because I can be quite forgetful past midnight.

I also always quit at the end of the night when something that requires my full attention pops up.

On my current game, I've had Stonehenge DISEASED, Stonehenge RAID, Stonehenge All is Well, Stonehenge BALLIN and my most recent from last night Stonehenge ANGRYWOLVES. Tonight, i'll be loggin into about 25 wolves surrounding the walls of my base. Omg, it's all coming back to be as I type. They knocked down the door to the outer wall and have made it into the garden. I have pawns everywhere. I think I'm going to have to make a new zone to keep my people safe and pick them off slowly.