[1.0/B18] Combat Extended Compatibility Patches

Started by Saebbi, February 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heresy

Rimfire needs to be loaded after Combat extended, and it works wonderfully for me (rimfire version 2.4)

Leanne200

thank you for the patches. i know you already have too much in your hands but can please consider making a RT's weapon mods patch as well. thanks again.

Zippy9871

i found a few errors with Factions:XML error: Duplicate XML node name statBases in this XML block.
i get this on launch and looking at it it seems like for the dreadnought patch the carryweight replace at the bottom is not working right and is adding <statBases><CarryWeight>5000</CarryWeight></statBases> instead of adding the carryweight to the existing statbases.

CE :: IG_Melee_ChaosPowerAxe has multiple ToolCE without linkedBodyPartsGroup, and they can not be fully distinguished because of it. [While evaluating DamageInfo (def=Blunt, amount= 18, instigator=Enmus, angle=270.0)]
I got that when a chaos marine hit a colonist with a chaos power axe. Happens with chaos chainswords too.

The traitor guard armor does not appear to cover their necks so they get hit in the neck for a lot. Also, the chaos astartes armor disappears when the wearer is stripped, though that might be from the original mod, and the chaos astartes armor used by sergeants is a lot weaker than the one used by normal soldiers.
In addition, all of the astartes power armors, both in factions and in core, are all very weak compared to what they are. Even vanilla power armor is better.

Saebbi

Quote from: Zippy9871 on April 28, 2018, 10:42:33 AM
i found a few errors with Factions:XML error: Duplicate XML node name statBases in this XML block.
i get this on launch and looking at it it seems like for the dreadnought patch the carryweight replace at the bottom is not working right and is adding <statBases><CarryWeight>5000</CarryWeight></statBases> instead of adding the carryweight to the existing statbases.

CE :: IG_Melee_ChaosPowerAxe has multiple ToolCE without linkedBodyPartsGroup, and they can not be fully distinguished because of it. [While evaluating DamageInfo (def=Blunt, amount= 18, instigator=Enmus, angle=270.0)]
I got that when a chaos marine hit a colonist with a power axe.

The traitor guard armor does not appear to cover their necks so they get hit in the neck for a lot. Also, the chaos astartes armor disappears when the wearer is stripped, though that might be from the original mod, and the chaos astartes armor used by sergeants is a lot weaker than the one used by normal soldiers.
In addition, all of the power armors, both in factions and in core, are all very weak compared to what they are. Even vanilla power armor is better.

The errors should be fixed, but i didn't modify the armor, so it is definetily caused by the main mod, though it may not be properly balanced with CE.
I'm super duper cereal!

Saebbi

Quote from: Leanne200 on April 25, 2018, 02:41:56 PM
thank you for the patches. i know you already have too much in your hands but can please consider making a RT's weapon mods patch as well. thanks again.

Thank you! Glad you like it.
The mod was already requested and i'm sorry, but it may take some time, as i am currently busy with school. But if i find the time i'll do a patch for it.
Alternatively, i can give you a guide on how to it, as the procedure is pretty simple once you understand the basics. In that case, just send me a message and i'll be glad to help you.
I'm super duper cereal!

Zippy9871

Quote from: Saebbi on April 28, 2018, 01:25:49 PM

In addition, all of the power armors, both in factions and in core, are all very weak compared to what they are. Even vanilla power armor is better.

The errors should be fixed, but i didn't modify the armor, so it is definetily caused by the main mod, though it may not be properly balanced with CE.
I get this nowXML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <comps><li><compClass>CompAttachBase</compClass></li><li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Inventory" /><li><compClass>CombatExtended.CompPawnGizmo</compClass></li><li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Suppressable" /><statBases><CarryWeight>5000</CarryWeight></statBases></comps>

The neck issue can be fixed by adding Neck to the bodypartgroups of the armor. In vanilla the neck is part of torso so this shouldn't do anything but it does for some reason so why not.

Also, the chaos marines' armor does not seem to have any effect. It might be because they are a different race.
the ig_cm_leader spawned with a headdress, war veil, mask, and shirt in addition to the chaos marine set, which seems weird.

Saebbi

Quote from: Zippy9871 on April 28, 2018, 02:40:05 PM
Quote from: Saebbi on April 28, 2018, 01:25:49 PM

I get this nowXML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <comps><li><compClass>CompAttachBase</compClass></li><li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Inventory" /><li><compClass>CombatExtended.CompPawnGizmo</compClass></li><li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Suppressable" /><statBases><CarryWeight>5000</CarryWeight></statBases></comps>

The neck issue can be fixed by adding Neck to the bodypartgroups of the armor. In vanilla the neck is part of torso so this shouldn't do anything but it does for some reason so why not.

Also, the chaos marines' armor does not seem to have any effect. It might be because they are a different race.
the ig_cm_leader spawned with a headdress, war veil, mask, and shirt in addition to the chaos marine set, which seems weird.

The dreadnought should be fixed, the path was wrong.
I added a buff to the armor and the helmet and made the armor cover neck and waist too.

This shouldn't happen, but the patch doesn't modify the Pawnkinds more than adding ammo, so it is probably a bug from the main mod.
I'm super duper cereal!

Zippy9871

Quote from: Saebbi on April 28, 2018, 03:47:33 PM

The dreadnought should be fixed, the path was wrong.
I added a buff to the armor and the helmet and made the armor cover neck and waist too.

This shouldn't happen, but the patch doesn't modify the Pawnkinds more than adding ammo, so it is probably a bug from the main mod.
I fixed the armor by adding <li>IG_CM_Torso</li> <li>IG_CM_Legs</li> <li>IG_CM_Arms</li> <li>IG_CM_FullHead</li> <li>IG_CM_Neck</li> <li>IG_CM_Shoulders</li> <li>IG_CM_Feet</li> <li>IG_CM_Waist</li> <li>IG_CM_Hands</li>
to the bodypartgroups patch(for some reason the original ones are still needed in addition to this). the helmet uses <li>IG_CM_FullHead</li>. I think that CE is doing something with how armor or races work. It would be nice if the documentation covered this.

bladerunner170

Could you please make a patch for Jecrell's Werewolf mod?

Nyx01

Getting some errors using the Animal Collab CE Patch when I start up the game.

Unexpected document element in patch XML; got Defs, expected 'Patch'
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadPatches()
Verse.ModContentPack:get_Patches()
ModCheck.Memory:init()
ModCheck.HarmonyStarter:.ctor(ModContentPack)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[])
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

XML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <capacities><capacities><li>PlatypusSting</li></capacities></capacities>
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ValidateListNode(XmlNode, XmlNode, Type)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ListFromXml(XmlNode)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs_Patch1(Object, IEnumerable`1)

The error goes away when I disable your patch. For testing purposes, I've disabled (almost)every other mod but the basic requirements for Animal Collab, CE and then your patch on top of it, so I'm pretty sure it's not any other mod causing issues. I have A Dog Said, with A Dog Said Animal Project ADS patch running as well, but again, the error goes away if I remove the CE patch only. So... yeah, just figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Missed one.

Config error in ACPWalrus: duplicate thingdef tool id head
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)

Saebbi

Quote from: Nyx01 on May 12, 2018, 01:46:53 AM
Getting some errors using the Animal Collab CE Patch when I start up the game.

Unexpected document element in patch XML; got Defs, expected 'Patch'
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadPatches()
Verse.ModContentPack:get_Patches()
ModCheck.Memory:init()
ModCheck.HarmonyStarter:.ctor(ModContentPack)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[])

XML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <capacities><capacities><li>PlatypusSting</li></capacities></capacities>
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ValidateListNode(XmlNode, XmlNode, Type)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs_Patch1(Object, IEnumerable`1)

The error goes away when I disable your patch. For testing purposes, I've disabled (almost)every other mod but the basic requirements for Animal Collab, CE and then your patch on top of it, so I'm pretty sure it's not any other mod causing issues. I have A Dog Said, with A Dog Said Animal Project ADS patch running as well, but again, the error goes away if I remove the CE patch only. So... yeah, just figured I'd let you know.

Edit: Missed one.

Config error in ACPWalrus: duplicate thingdef tool id head
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)

Thanks for the info, the errors should now all be removed.
I'm super duper cereal!

ptx

Animal Collabs, you've set armor penetration way too high. CE core patch for Grizzly Bear paw 0.251, while your tiger patch paw 0.4, and so on. Snow Leopard bite at 0.7, CE bears bite at 0.253
The result, my handler/doctor got mauled, with the tiger first hit literally obliterate most of his clothing. One hit, and he's naked in front of an angry tiger.
Thank you again for your great dedication, it's must be time consuming making all of these patches.

Saebbi

Quote from: ptx on May 12, 2018, 08:47:56 PM
Animal Collabs, you've set armor penetration way too high. CE core patch for Grizzly Bear paw 0.251, while your tiger patch paw 0.4, and so on. Snow Leopard bite at 0.7, CE bears bite at 0.253
The result, my handler/doctor got mauled, with the tiger first hit literally obliterate most of his clothing. One hit, and he's naked in front of an angry tiger.
Thank you again for your great dedication, it's must be time consuming making all of these patches.

Oh i never looked at the Core Patches for reference.
Thank you for telling me, i'll adjust it.
I'm super duper cereal!

Dunqan

Wow!  I just wanted to say Thank You!  for all the great patches!!!

Combat Extended adds a lot of depth to the game and by creating all these patches you have added an incredible amount of depth as well by providing the ability to use multiple other mods in addition to Combat Extended. 

Thanks again!!

Kori

Thank you for these patches, they make playing with CE even more enjoyable!