[1.0/B18] Combat Extended Compatibility Patches

Started by Saebbi, February 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saebbi

I'm super duper cereal!

ulyanaleyana

Hi. I'm still play with my B18 colony. Tried to find patch for Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced (v 0.18.1.3), because got alot of red errors. Can you pls make it? This would be nice.

jager666

Hi! Is there any chance to get the compatibility patch for RPG Style Inventory when the 1.0 version of CE hits?

Saebbi

I'm super duper cereal!

Saebbi

Quote from: jager666 on December 20, 2018, 05:47:58 AM
Hi! Is there any chance to get the compatibility patch for RPG Style Inventory when the 1.0 version of CE hits?

Sadly no. It's impossible by design due to both replacing the same inventory tab.

I have to correct myself, as it is possible but disables the CE loadout function.
I sent the author of RPG Inventory a PM and it should work as soon as he adds the patch i made.
Until then, just Drag&Drop the two folders included here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxk1gzdiyp157mg/AAAjnen989cLQHvKubNotLvca?dl=0) into the RPG Inventory mod (replace when prompted) and make sure to load it after CE.
I'm super duper cereal!

jager666

Quote from: Saebbi on December 20, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

Sadly no. It's impossible by design due to both replacing the same inventory tab.

I have to correct myself, as it is possible but disables the CE loadout function.
I sent the author of RPG Inventory a PM and it should work as soon as he adds the patch i made.
Until then, just Drag&Drop the two folders included here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxk1gzdiyp157mg/AAAjnen989cLQHvKubNotLvca?dl=0) into the RPG Inventory mod (replace when prompted) and make sure to load it after CE.

Great, thanks a lot! Will this work with dev version of CE for 1.0?

Saebbi

Quote from: jager666 on December 20, 2018, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Saebbi on December 20, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

Great, thanks a lot! Will this work with dev version of CE for 1.0?

Yes, of course.
I'm super duper cereal!

Kramoliun

What patches are there for race mods? i have the orassans, Zabraks, Twi-leks, androids and elder things, i just started on the forum 3 days ago, can you guys help me?
Alea Jacta Est.

Saebbi

Quote from: Kramoliun on December 20, 2018, 08:05:15 PM
What patches are there for race mods? i have the orassans, Zabraks, Twi-leks, androids and elder things, i just started on the forum 3 days ago, can you guys help me?

Currently Zabraks, Asari and Orks are included, but you can add other races easily.
Just copy the "CE" and "Sandy_RPG_Gear" (the latter one only for vanilla) files in the Patches folder and open these with Notepad++.
Then open the About file in the mod you want to patch and change the name of the mod you see mentioned in the patch (for example: "RimEffect - Asari of the Rims" to your mod name found in the About file).
Now open the Race file (for example: Orassans_Race found in ThingDefs_Races) in the mod you want to patch.
You now have to look for a ThingDef with a Name="Base*RaceName*Pawn" written on the top.
Now just copy the "BaseXPawn" into the patch where you see a "BasePawn".

Put the file you created into the "Patches" folder and you're good to go!
I'm super duper cereal!

Kori

Your patches are the best! :)
If you are indecisive which one to update next, may I propose Animal Collab Project?  ;)

Saebbi

Quote from: Kori on December 21, 2018, 10:21:41 AM
Your patches are the best! :)
If you are indecisive which one to update next, may I propose Animal Collab Project?  ;)

That one may actually work, the only thing that'd need an upate is the recommended game version, which won't cause any errors except for the mod showing up red.
Generally only mods adding weapons need an update. Animals and aliens should work fine.
I haven't tried though, so please let me know if you run into any errors.
I'm super duper cereal!

Krolon

"[1.0/B18] Combat Extended"... that name... it's clickbaity

SteveDream

jager666

Is What the Hack compatible with CE or it also needs the comp patch? My hacked centipede got shot down by two series from a charge LMG, yet when the same centipedes attack my base they are almost invincible.

Deer87

Can anyone give a quick run down in how to patch appearal to fit CE?
Or how to write it from scratch so it works?