[1.0/B18] Combat Extended Compatibility Patches

Started by Saebbi, February 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saebbi

Quote from: Deer87 on January 24, 2019, 07:09:52 AM
Can anyone give a quick run down in how to patch appearal to fit CE?
Or how to write it from scratch so it works?

Apparel doesn't require a patch to work with CE.
Only thing which would need to be added is a <bulk> stat, which makes it more balanced but won't break the apparel when not present.
To do so just take a look at how CE patches apparel in CE/Patches/Core/ThingDefs_Misc/Apparel_Various, copy these and change the values to the desired ones.
I'm super duper cereal!

Saebbi

Quote from: SteveDream on January 07, 2019, 09:11:17 AM
Please, Can you Patch this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37875.0 I'm sorry because it has a lot of stuff.

Sorry but i don't have time nor nerve for that, as large mods are very time consuming to patch and i'm in my last months of school.
You can however do this yourself by taking a look at my patches targeting similar mods and just change the defNames and values.
It's not that hard once you figure it out, but very tedious and repetitive.
Please feel free to ask me any question you have.
I'm super duper cereal!

Saebbi

Quote from: jager666 on January 07, 2019, 04:27:30 PM
Is What the Hack compatible with CE or it also needs the comp patch? My hacked centipede got shot down by two series from a charge LMG, yet when the same centipedes attack my base they are almost invincible.

After taking a quick look at the files, it doesn't seem like there should be a problem.
Could just be bad luck :D
I'm super duper cereal!

Jan2607

I guess, you also won't patch a big mod like Rimworld of Magic? ;)
How about Misc. MAI? You patched it in the past, however there where some issues with equipping apparel and reloading.

Anyway, thank you for your work. I never got my own patches to work.

Deer87

Quote from: Saebbi on January 24, 2019, 04:02:02 PM
Quote from: Deer87 on January 24, 2019, 07:09:52 AM
Can anyone give a quick run down in how to patch appearal to fit CE?
Or how to write it from scratch so it works?

Apparel doesn't require a patch to work with CE.
Only thing which would need to be added is a <bulk> stat, which makes it more balanced but won't break the apparel when not present.
To do so just take a look at how CE patches apparel in CE/Patches/Core/ThingDefs_Misc/Apparel_Various, copy these and change the values to the desired ones.

Okay, Thanks :)

Karllawrenz

Can you make a CE Patch for Orassans and Ni'Hal

Saebbi

Added Rimsenal Enhanced Vanilla CE Patch by WereCat88.
I'm super duper cereal!

Deer87

Quote from: Saebbi on January 29, 2019, 12:38:47 PM

Awesome, does anyone know how it plays with CE - Guns? As we have a few dopplegangers?
Otherwise i just have to start pulling out the parts I dislike.

Saebbi

Quote from: Deer87 on February 01, 2019, 05:40:58 AM

Awesome, does anyone know how it plays with CE - Guns? As we have a few dopplegangers?

If they use the exact same defNames, there'll be a problem.
If they don't, it should work absolutely fine from a technical perspective (except for duplicate weapons with different stats).
I'm super duper cereal!

Deer87

Quote from: Saebbi on February 01, 2019, 08:53:26 AM
Quote from: Deer87 on February 01, 2019, 05:40:58 AM

If they use the exact same defNames, there'll be a problem.
If they don't, it should work absolutely fine from a technical perspective (except for duplicate weapons with different stats).

OK, I can see that the blowgun has already been deactivated. So im just gonna do some copy pasting to remove what i don't need.

FilthySanchez

I don't know if this correct, but it seems the Genetic Rim patch was not working until I renamed <modName>GeneticRim b18</modName> into <modName>Genetic Rim</modName>.

2 errors after doing that.

Inside Races_Animal_Rodenthybrids.xml, GR_Bearmole was named GR_Bearalope for the statBases and Tools which lead to an error, renaming to GR_Bearmole fixed it.

Another one with Races_Animal_Alpha.xml, GR_AlphaRhinoceros was causing errors with <id>hornBlunt</id> and <id>hornScratch</id>. The log error was this [XML error: <id>hornBlunt</id> corresponds to a field in type ToolCE which has an Unsaved attribute.]. I just removed them and that seems to no longer give me errors.

Saebbi

Quote from: FilthySanchez on February 02, 2019, 04:28:48 AM
I don't know if this correct, but it seems the Genetic Rim patch was not working until I renamed <modName>GeneticRim b18</modName> into <modName>Genetic Rim</modName>.

2 errors after doing that.

Inside Races_Animal_Rodenthybrids.xml, GR_Bearmole was named GR_Bearalope for the statBases and Tools which lead to an error, renaming to GR_Bearmole fixed it.

Another one with Races_Animal_Alpha.xml, GR_AlphaRhinoceros was causing errors with <id>hornBlunt</id> and <id>hornScratch</id>. The log error was this [XML error: <id>hornBlunt</id> corresponds to a field in type ToolCE which has an Unsaved attribute.]. I just removed them and that seems to no longer give me errors.

Oh thanks for the info, totally forgot about that.
Should all be fixed now.
I'm super duper cereal!

Redrian

Faryzal2020

i'm having trouble in making a CE patch for my mod. can anyone show me an example on how to make a mortar turret with CE? the examples are all turrets that uses BaseGun which makes the turret top texture cant be resized with <turretTopDrawSize>. or is it not possible to resize the top texture of the turret if used with CE?
Check out my mod: Definitely More Cannons