[Mod Request] Intelligence Use Post Research

Started by Ruisuki, February 19, 2018, 05:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Would it be possible to give another use for the intelligence stat? After you finish research there isn't a use for it anymore. Maybe allow top researchers to make 'notes' that other colonists can study via this new means of training? I envision it being a direct means of gaining exp without a workbench/waste of resources by low level, but it could also function as a simple temporary exp gain boost for the associated stat. Could also have the researcher who created the notes having a stat requirement.

I wanna start a school!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 05:23:08 PM
I wanna start a school!

There is the mod Children, School and Learning. You can combine it with Children and Pregnancy, even.

But about Intelligence, I agree that I wish there was more you could do with it if you have finished all research. You could consider the mod Researchable Stat Upgrades, which has some repeatable ones, and some other awesome ones, I do recommend at least checking it out. One upgrade makes turrets shoot 4 bullets instead of 3. Others are usually increases in stats to your pawns, but like I said the end researches are repeatable so you never run out. Also, I think it can add a bit of lag late game if you have researches who have researching turned on, but nothing for them to research. Because I've seen other mods that just add in "unlimited research" to "solve late game no research lag".

Anyway, you can also think about other mods that can let pawns use intelligence for other things. Can't pawns use the desk system from Medieval Times for their intelligence? Also, there was the mod Blueprints I think, so they can make "research blueprints" and sell them, maybe? I'm sure there's got to be some other jobs you can add in from mods that will give your guys with high intelligence something other to do than research, I just can't remember any of them right now.

Canute

What's about a transcendence victory ?
Adding 3 spacer research that lead to another tech the final victory.
Each research should add a repeating raid event and higher difficult.
After these first 3 researches you are geting basicly each day a strong raid. And after the 4. research the world capitulate and end the game like a spaceship launch.
Sure most people don't play for win.

Kori

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 19, 2018, 10:32:46 PM
I wanna start a school!

There is the mod Children, School and Learning. You can combine it with Children and Pregnancy, even.

But about Intelligence, I agree that I wish there was more you could do with it if you have finished all research. You could consider the mod Researchable Stat Upgrades, which has some repeatable ones, and some other awesome ones, I do recommend at least checking it out. One upgrade makes turrets shoot 4 bullets instead of 3. Others are usually increases in stats to your pawns, but like I said the end researches are repeatable so you never run out. Also, I think it can add a bit of lag late game if you have researches who have researching turned on, but nothing for them to research. Because I've seen other mods that just add in "unlimited research" to "solve late game no research lag".

Anyway, you can also think about other mods that can let pawns use intelligence for other things. Can't pawns use the desk system from Medieval Times for their intelligence? Also, there was the mod Blueprints I think, so they can make "research blueprints" and sell them, maybe? I'm sure there's got to be some other jobs you can add in from mods that will give your guys with high intelligence something other to do than research, I just can't remember any of them right now.
Desk system? Is that another way to boost intelligence? Id rather intelligence be used to boost other skills. Nothing worse than no research maxed intel

the only blueprints mod i know of is fluffy but i think thats just to save your bases and copy them into other saves. The idea of making money like that is sweet though. Reminds me of the broadcasts from razzle dazzle

edit:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37649.0
sounds cool. Its fine as is but I hope he adds more uses for Intel to the mod

minakurafto

Would it be possible to give another use for the intelligence stat? After you finish research there isn't a use for it anymore. Maybe allow top researchers to make 'notes' that other colonists can study via this new means of training? I envision it being a direct means of gaining exp without a workbench/waste of resources by low level, but it could also function as a simple temporary exp gain boost for the associated stat. Could also have the researcher who created the notes having a stat requirement.

I wanna start a school!

give reseach bench a bill tab then make recipe to make "note" (modified Neurotrainer mech serum, of course very nerfed version of it) then it's done