[1.0] Smart Medicine

Started by Uuugggg, February 22, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uuugggg

Smart Medicine

Description:
(this will be outdated ; check steam for updates)
Inventory Medicine
Doctors now use medicine from their inventory. This is very useful when your caravan attacks a base, or every day if you use the next feature, Stock Up On Medicine. It will even have a pack animal drop medicine if you need it.

Stock Up On Medicine
Doctors can carry a set amount of medicine with them at all times. You can change the options to set how many and which medicines are stocked up.

Minimal Medicine for non-Urgent Care
Stab wounds and infectious diseases need good treatment - but bruises don't benefit greatly from better medicine. You can choose to use only the cheapest medicine for these treatments (or none at all, though it is slower)

Field Tending
Doctors can treat patients in the field. Settings for "always", or "only if there are no beds available". Patients that can still walk will lie down in place with no beds available, or you can draft them to stand in place to receive treatment.

Download
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309994319
GitHub release: https://github.com/alextd/Rimworld-SmartMedicine/releases

Harry_Dicks

This looks pretty interesting. Thank you!

Mehni

Huh. Very nice.

Looks like it's completely compatible with Pick Up and Haul too, which lets you tell pawns to pick up things and keep them in their inventory.

I like it, good job.

Uuugggg

Literally developed with Pick Up and Haul, yup!

Harry_Dicks

So will this stack with dubs Rimkits?

Uuugggg

Looks like dubs Rimkits does a different thing and has no conflicts. It is a tad redundant, but Rimkits does allow healing without a bed (which is a thing I would add to this)

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for investigating it for me :)

I'll admit I was lazy and could have tried myself, but my plan worked! Bwahaha  ;D

Ser Kitteh

Dude.

Dude.

You are a goddamn hero.

Bless you. This should be vanilla, without a doubt.

Cal1sto

Can you please help me, I get this when starting Rimworld
Mod Rimworld-SmartMedicine-master has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.18.1722</targetVersion>

Kori

Quote from: Cal1sto on February 27, 2018, 02:49:48 PM
Can you please help me, I get this when starting Rimworld
Mod Rimworld-SmartMedicine-master has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.18.1722</targetVersion>

Check your folder structure, it should be Rimworld\Mods\SmartMedicine-master\About
You probably have too many subfolders from extracting the file.

Harry_Dicks

I had an issue too I think where I downloaded from the master branch or something. Made it so there were 2 about files.

Cal1sto

Yea like Harry said there are two about files About-Debug and About-Release

Canute

Delete the debug one and rename the other into About.xml

Cal1sto

Uuugggg

Hey lol the github is not for release, its for source.

Hmm. Perhaps I'll handle that.

EDIT: SO IT WAS SAID AND NOW IT IS DONE

GitHub releases are actually a piece of cake. There you go.