No automatic control of Self-Tend & Scheduled Drugs

Started by TryB4Buy, February 22, 2018, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TryB4Buy

1) There is no way to tell a pawn that taking a drug (during a scheduled time, of course) is more important than other assigned work. If you have drugs A, B, C, & D then you can wait for a pawn to, after waking go take drugs. But the pawn will usually only take drugs A & B. C comes if you are lucky, and D never happens even though all 4 drugs are adjacent and nothing else changes. The pawn just decides to ignore the drug's identical schedules and go do something else instead.

2) There is no way to tell a pawn during sleep time, but after being awoken, that healing itself is more important than going back sleep. This bug only shows during sleep time. During work time the interruption functions just fine. I think this is because sleeping has automatic highest priority. See more in-depth below

There is no work around for the first one (you have to use manual orders and just not trust the built in scheduling of drugs). The scheduler has no sleep column, so there is no reliable way to have a pawn automatically take wakeup when exhausted. Basically, the drug scheduler is inadequate/broken.

The second requires waking up, drafting, flipping the colonist to working, waiting a tick (THIS STEP IS REQUIRED BECAUSE OF AN ADDITIONAL BUG), undrafting so the pawn can start to self-tend, then switching the working time to sleep time. I have to do this for a dozen colonists every night, sometimes multiple times (mechanites, flu, etc). Drowsy colonists sleep twice a day and so I have to do this two times as often. It's awful.

This is easy to recreate with a test map. If I can go make a 30 second vanilla save if needed.