Tips with Raiding Bases

Started by tymur999, February 22, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymur999

Should I bring my whole colony to raid another colony? I've seen people do it in videos and I'm not sure whether it's a good idea. I have somewhere around 12 people. Should I let them all go, or leave at least one person to stay? I'm not sure whether raid sizes decrease by the number of colonists.

Shurp

Raid size is determined both by colonists and by wealth.  But if your colony is wealthy enough that you can arm your colonists enough to attack another base, it means it's wealthy enough that any raid that hits while your colonists are gone will still be pretty powerful.

In other words, you need a lot of turrets, and someone to turn them on, to keep your base safe while your colonists are away.

Also, remember that you can bring material with you on raids.  Pack some steel and build some sandbags / walls to hide behind when you're shooting up the enemy's base. 
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

SzQ

Wealth is count by things on map or things that are in home area? I heard it's counted only in home area.
You can always send less colonists but give them few turrets with full battery or two.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

sick puppy

everything that is discovered on the map (so no unopener ancient dangers)
what i dont know is if floors count. most importantly, gold and sterile tiles. i once heard they dont count. but if they dont, does smooth floor count? if so, as how much? is it unfair towards people that like to build into mountains, or is it unfair towards anybody else maybe?

i am mostly asking because of gold tiles. it seems unreasonably expensive and its use also doesnt seem to be worth the increase in wealth. that said, i did wanna try it out on the rooms of some of my most depressed neurotics and maybe my combined rec/eating rooms.