Allow players to change scenario options after game has started

Started by Harry_Dicks, February 23, 2018, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

I've been thinking about this a lot for the past couple of weeks. I also can't remember if there was already another thread for this or not, my apologies if there is. Feel free to merge or do whatever is needed.

Anyway, what I think would be really awesome, is if we could edit all of the things from the scenario editor, but on the fly and after the game has started.

Here are some examples of things I would like to be able to change after the game has started:
Have recurring raids start whenever I feel like I am ready for them
Be able to turn on/off permanent eclipse when I want to (or at least a recurring timed eclipse)

Here are some other examples of other game conditions that I would want to be able to turn on when I please:
Make all new pawns always have a forced trait (like psychopath, staggeringly ugly, whatever!)
Make all new pawns always have a specific health condition (like they are all vampires, or always missing the left leg)

In a more advanced fantasy of mine, we could even setup groups of events/incidents to occur within the boundaries that the player defines. For example, maybe I want one of these events (cold snap, plague, flu, tornado, heat wave) to happen once every 15 days, in addition to them being able to, or not to, happen regularly. If we could have our regular scenario editor where we can choose what events/incidents can normally happen with our storyteller at anytime, but also other events/incidents that could be turned off from happening regularly, except in the specific conditions that the player has setup. For example, say I have the cold snap event turned off completely from ever randomly happening, but whenever I feel like I am ready for them, I could setup some new conditions to let the cold snap happen only in summer time, with X amount of time between other cold snaps, and only if the temp is above Y amount, and whatever else we could want.

I also want to add that I do not know how much work this would actually be. I was thinking that if we could just somehow allow the scenario editor to be accessed after the game has started, that would be good enough for me, with maybe some of the more advanced things I mentioned happening at a later point. But if we could at least just have what's available to us already before the game starts, that would be fantastic.

Finally, just take a look at all of these freaking awesome events/incidents that I can have happen. I can't help but want to have greater control of these things :)