Sleep Anywhere Colonist Bug

Started by m0n4rch911, October 27, 2013, 08:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0n4rch911

Dunno how it happened or what made it happen. But sometimes my colonist sleep anywhere he/she wants. A bed was placed but he/she never sleeps in it. When it's time for a rest, he/she sleeps on when sleep time is activated.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

aerojet029

weird, never seen that happen to me

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

m0n4rch911

It happens to me quite often. Kind of weird really he just drop dead from exhaustion.  ;D LoL  ;D

Happened to me 2 times already.

Tynan

Does anyone have a way to reproduce this bug? Or a save file where it always happens? I'm very interested.

Blitz

I had something similar happen last night. I had a person just stop moving. She would not move anywhere on her own. I drafted her and could not tell her where to go or attack anything.

The only thing I can think of is that a room was being built around her. The door had a cactus right outside of it. I deleted a hole in the wall for her to walk through, but she just stayed in the same place. I reloaded the game and she was back to normal.

m0n4rch911

Uhm. Further from testing it. Can't quite catch the little bugger. But i think it's when you delete the 1st beds on start. Since i always do that and reposition myself in a more tactical landscape.

Since it only happens on start of the game. The 1st 3 colonist. It doesn't happen on others.

That's the one thing in common i can think of when it activates.

Tynan

Quote from: m0n4rch911 on October 29, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
Uhm. Further from testing it. Can't quite catch the little bugger. But i think it's when you delete the 1st beds on start. Since i always do that and reposition myself in a more tactical landscape.

Since it only happens on start of the game. The 1st 3 colonist. It doesn't happen on others.

So the repro steps are... delete the starter sleeping spots and wait?

Semmy

Quote from: Tynan on October 29, 2013, 12:07:32 PM
Quote from: m0n4rch911 on October 29, 2013, 11:34:13 AM

So the repro steps are... delete the starter sleeping spots and wait?

Ive tried this about 10 times.
But the only way i get them to sleep on the ground is not adding beds.

What i am wondering is did you build the beds long before he went to sleep?
Or about the time they where heading to bed?

I really only manage to get them to sleep on the ground when there are no beds.
They always head to there bunk when its build no matter how far away.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

m0n4rch911

That's the only time i see it activating. When i move to another location 1st thing after the game starts.

Tynan

I'd really like a savegame (on latest build) where this is happening or about to happen if anyone can get one.

Semmy

Quote from: m0n4rch911 on November 01, 2013, 02:17:15 AM
That's the only time i see it activating. When i move to another location 1st thing after the game starts.

Did or didnt you build new sleeping spots?
Or did you build beds? and are the finished constructing?

Trying to know details so i can reproduce this if at all possible
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

DaNewb

I am only guessing and have tried multiple times to get a new game with a catcus on the sleeping spot but cant manage to... perhaps it has to do with the cactus beginning on one of the three starting sleeping spots?  I have noticed that the cactuses tend to create a few bugs and this could be another.  Just a thought, hopefully it helps.