When is it Party Time?

Started by Kiter5, February 24, 2018, 06:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiter5

Are Parties random or do they occur when a colonist has X amount of good mood for X amount of days? (and what would those Xes be?)

sick puppy

pretty sure it is just a random positive occasion, so they will happen more often on base builder and more rarely on extreme.

Injured Muffalo

It's party time 10 days after the last party.  :P

Sorry, no idea.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Ukas

Used to have that event in earlier versions, but haven't seen them in B18. Well sometimes when I my caravan is camping they have a party (using set up caravan mod), but never in the main base.

sick puppy

Quote from: Ukas on February 25, 2018, 05:36:12 PM
Used to have that event in earlier versions, but haven't seen them in B18. Well sometimes when I my caravan is camping they have a party (using set up caravan mod), but never in the main base.
you mean set up camp and camping stuff mod?

Ukas

Quote from: sick puppy on February 26, 2018, 09:37:06 PM
Quote from: Ukas on February 25, 2018, 05:36:12 PM
you mean set up camp and camping stuff mod?

Oh yeah guess I was tired when I wrote it.

Dargaron

One thing I've noticed is that you seem to need at least four colonists to hold a party. My colonies usually take quite a while to get up to four colonists, and I've never had a party with 3 or fewer. I have a feeling that the game has it on some kind of timer, because I've seen plenty of parties occurring *immediately* after acquiring a fourth colonist

Dashthechinchilla

Good mood seems to effect occurence. I get more parties in an established base.

The parties must be great too. I had a dead colonist who had "this is about xxx attending xxx's party on..." as his final memorial on his sarcophagus.

Kirby23590

Super random... But i think i have the psychology mod that adds the socialite trait which i think kinda slightly increases the party chance...

But i don't know the increased chance of it. Even in vanilla... Or if it's determined by the Storyteller...

PAAAARRRRTTTTTYYYYYYYYY!!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

B@R5uk

Not sure if it's random as all other events (it look like it) but I'm very sure colony has to have at least four pawns to party be available as event.

patoka

Quote from: Dargaron on February 27, 2018, 11:50:34 AM
One thing I've noticed is that you seem to need at least four colonists to hold a party. My colonies usually take quite a while to get up to four colonists, and I've never had a party with 3 or fewer. I have a feeling that the game has it on some kind of timer, because I've seen plenty of parties occurring *immediately* after acquiring a fourth colonist
interesting. i never noticed myself, but now that you say it, i dont think i had a party with less than 4 pawns either
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?