[W|0.4.462] crafters/cooks forget about items they themselves have made

Started by db48x, June 07, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

db48x

The orders on the stove say to make up to 10 fine meals and there are 9 in the stocks, so the cook makes one and puts it on the floor nearby.

The orders on the stove say to make up to 10 fine meals and there are 9 in the stocks, so the cook makes one and puts it on the floor nearby.

Repeat ad-infinitum, or at least until a hauler notices all these meals strewn haphazardly about the kitchen. Making them remember how many they've made today might be tricky though; they'd have to subtract when they see someone taking a meal to storage, etc. Instead, do a region walk predicated on visibility rather than passability to count all of the items in the current room but not in a stockpile and add that to the total.

In the meantime you can put your stove in the middle of a stockpile, so that everything ends up in a stockpile automatically, but to the player that just feels odd.

Coenmcj

Similiar issue was addressed earlier.
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3770.0
Only the meals inside of a stockpile are counted, so your cook will keep cooking until there are 10 in the stockpiles, if it's on the ground he/she will ignore it as if it doesn't exist.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

db48x

That's a different bug; I've got plenty of room in the stockpiles. The region system makes it possible to implement a less-mindless behavior.

Coenmcj

What I mean is that the food on the floor is not counted towards your total, only the food inside of a stockpile,  meaning your cook will continue to make more as they only judge what is in your stockpiles to be apart of their quotas.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

db48x

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

db48x

StorymasterQ

Oh. Right. Then how about this, a stockpile on the stove's interaction square, but at a lower priority. Then it will be counted, yet it will be (someday) moved to your preferred stockpile.

Or, Tynan could have this done automatically for all Production tables (stonecutting, butchery, etc)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here