[B18] Extended Surgery Mod

Started by Kilroy232, February 25, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

Extended Surgery Mod

Description
This mod adds new basic surgeries intended for mid to late game play that will help keep colonists happier and also stay as close to the vanilla game as possible.

With the ability to add replace whole limbs with bionics I think it is only reasonable that a player can expect to have the ability to preform less complex but still important surgeries. This is the premise for this mod.

The mod includes prosthetics for missing ears, eyes and noses to prevent colonists from picking on disfigured people. The ability to replace any shattered bone and to heal scratches to help reduce the amount of pain a colonist is in and to improve their productivity.

The mod doesn't require any research but you need to have a colonist with a high enough level of caring for all of the surgeries as well as artistics for the prostetics.

Notes
- You DO NOT need to start a new game for this mod
- Note that bones are replaced with Plasteel so you must have some to preform the operation

Changes For Version 1.1.0:
- I have added the ability to harvest and replace natural eyes

Download

Install
- Subscribe to the mod from the steam workshop page provided above or download from NexusMods.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License
Download and share this mod as you want but don't change it or sell it without my consent

Slaugveng Moriar

Hello. Is it possible to add modifications in the non-steam version?

Harry_Dicks

Hello. Thank you very much for this! We always love new content and are very appreciative of anything that gets posted! However, seeing as this is the Ludeon forum and off of Steam, would it be possible for you to please post a non Steam link for us to download from? Otherwise a lot of users will pass over on your wonderful content :)

I'm curious if you have compared your mod to any of the other surgery mods out there that replace similar things on pawns? Also, you mention artistic pawns must create these prosthesis, is this correct? Is it only the artistic skill, and no intelligence and/or crafting skills to account for when crafting any prosthesis or bionics?

Also, There is the mod Extended Human Body Simulation which sounds very similar to yours, DESurgeries which has nose and eyes and others I believe, EPOE, and RBSE. I am curious if you have you done any tests with any of these mods and yours, and/or played with the load orders as compatibility tests?

I have links to Extended Human Body Simulation (and Diseases Overhauled, among lots of others) posted here. I can't remember what I had to change in them, a few things though, to make them compatible with RBSE. I have further information about this in the posting on my thread if it could be of any help you.

Kilroy232

There is a non-Steam version on NexusMods :)
I just had to wait for the new mod to be verified before anyone could download it.

You can have a look as what is required for the operation but right now the colonist who preforms the operation must have a medical skill of at least 5 as well as an artistic of 5 or higher.

I have compared this mod to other mods and what I wanted to make was definitely similar to DESurgeries which is very vanilla friendly. I wanted to keep the mod as close to vanilla as I thought it should be. In my opinion EPOE and RBSE alter too much of the same, I know not everyone may agree and that's fine but I made this for myself and just thought I would share it.

As for compatibility I would need to do some testing, mods that change the way operations work in the C# code then it may not be compatible. I will have to do some testing.