Eternal daylight at the poles

Started by SimpleMachine88, February 26, 2018, 07:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleMachine88

This is very very noticeable at the poles, where I have my base.  There should be 6 months of darkness, during the winter, and then 6 months of twilight, during the summer, switching at the equinoxes.  Instead, the sun never ever ever sets. 

Is there any way this can be fixed?  I was really looking forward to surviving the 6 of black.

Canute

SimpleMachine88,
could you please read the sticky "how to report a bug" and add the missing info's.

And since i realy think you are using mods, maybe repost at the mod bugs section or at the proper mod topic if you can identify the mod.

Calahan

@ SimpleMachine - Are you able to provide more information about this problem? Please read the pinned thread mentioned by Canute for guidance. As well as confirming whether or not you are using any mods (I will lock this thread soon otherwise due to lack of info).

Edit - Closing due to lack of info (and this looks a mod related bug).

Tynan

Ok, so what it does is calculate the accurate sun angle, and then shift the sun directly towards overhead by several degrees to extend the daylight a bit. This simulates the scattering effect of light in the atmosphere.

However, I can see how it may be too powerful and/or may actually make night never come at the poles.

We should have night at the poles, so maybe it'd be better to scale this effect according to latitude, or something.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Wanderer_joins

It's also what makes solar panels somewhat viable at the poles:

ison

This is difficult to get right. But we've improved it somewhat. Thanks for reporting.