[B18][WIP] Slave Outfits for Slave and Prisoners! (Finished)

Started by Gerrymon, February 27, 2018, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it okay to have another workbench?

Yeah sure, my workshop still dont have enough workbenches.
Please don't. I don't have any more room for it.

Gerrymon

Slave Outfits is finished! Go here for the downloads!

Did you have a loyal pawn that do everything you told them and want to pamper them by buying a new cloth? Did your inner slaver triggered when seeing a bunch of prisoner/slave not wearing a same uniform? Gift your hard working pawns the clothes they deserved at last! Or maybe you only want some skirt and dresses in Rimworld.

This is a really basic mod that add some apparel for slaves and prisoners. Use with prison labor and/or slavery mod for best result. Background: I am really disturbed by the fact that there is no dress in the base game nor any mods. There are thriving communities of outlanders and pirates all over the globe, and our super-advanced-spacer-metropolises are so secure that our pampered pawns do not need to take a single step outside when the raiders come. We have silver tiles, jade statues and glass TV on our extremely luxurious rec room, and what do our pawns wear? Old jeans and dusty armor? Not so sophisticated.

I was inspired by Maid Project mod. I was so happy when I found that maid dress mod on steam, but my hope and dream of fluffy cute dress shattered the moment I realised it just basically anime power armour. SO, I decided to make more realistic approach of maid dresses (or in this case, servants).

Edit: This mod already functional as it is, but only contain limited apparels for now. Generally slave outfit decrease social standing but increase work speed.

WHAT'S DONE:

1. Ragged clothes that fit prisoners in early colonies. Inspired by ragged clothing in skyrim. Really cheap and fast to make. Improve hard labour work speed, decrease social impact a lot. Cost: 20 and 40 fabrics respectively.

2. Bandana! Do your house chores more stylishly! Don't go near other people while wearing that dusty rag on your head though, just in case. Improve most indoor activities like cleaning, crafting, and cooking speed but decrease social impact for a bit. Can't blame the trader for mistaking you for a filthy peasant. Cost: 10 fabrics.

3. Factory coveralls for industrial tech. Available in 3 colors in prepare carefully menu, but since it has fixed recipe, you can only craft totally white coveralls :(. I will look into how to make the colors appeared (in random chance of 33%) after you craft them. Another alternative, I can make different bills for each color, but I prefer to keep my tailoring bills not cluttered with 50 apparels from a bunch of mods. Let me know if you are ok with 3 different bills for coverall.

4. Medieval sub-theme from the first tribal tech. Fine tunic (bottom one) doesn't decrease social impact. Created purely for those that play with medieval mods. This is only 1 piece middle layer clothing though, so sorry if that triggered the medieval enthusiasts here  :P Funny story: I showed this pict to my history maniac friend, and got lectured about the real medieval outfits. Apparently it commonly consist of 3 layers (undergarment, tunic, and jacket/cloak/other) and not this ragged and patchy. The medieval people are very good in tailoring. This give me an idea to make another mod for real medieval clothing (not armour) that have separate pieces, so we can have more colourful outfits.

NEXT IN LINE and more questions:

1. Spacer uniforms and another special sub-theme uniforms from industrial era.
2. More headgears that match these uniforms.
3. Uniform workbench. I hate seeing 50+ bill options on vanilla tailoring bench.
4. (Dream/Idea) Make another pawns ACTUALLY have negative opinion with pawn that wear servant outfit, similar to "insulted me" or "harmed me". Because thorough history humans always looked down upon those in the lower classes. I don't even know if it possible to link equipments into social tab. PROGRAMMER PLEASE HELP

Keep in mind that this mod is meant for people that like to play as prison labor colonies like me. I can expand this mod to dresses in general, but I like to finish the main content first. Thanks for reading this until the end lol. Comments and ideas are more than welcome.

fixed the download for the last time. sorry. Finalized the file naming.
DROPBOX
Thanks to SimplySublime for upload this mod on steam too!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1318994161

Slaugveng Moriar

A very interesting modification. Just such small modifications build the magic of the game. In addition, a very aesthetic and useful modification. It is possible to select slaves with interest. The slavery itself for us seems to be something cruel in the brutal world of the outer space and the struggle for survival with all the resources that rimworld is completely understandable. It is also interesting to expand further with new outfits.

Gerrymon

Quote from: Slaugveng Moriar on February 27, 2018, 01:24:18 PM
A very interesting modification. Just such small modifications build the magic of the game. In addition, a very aesthetic and useful modification. It is possible to select slaves with interest. The slavery itself for us seems to be something cruel in the brutal world of the outer space and the struggle for survival with all the resources that rimworld is completely understandable. It is also interesting to expand further with new outfits.

Yes thank you. This mod also served as my learning platform of modding xml. I am very happy to ideas and discussions, so tell me what would you like to add in mod like this!

Harry_Dicks

Wow! I love what you've come up with, this is fantastic! The only apparel mod I'm using at the moment is FashionRIMsta, but I will definitely be adding this into the mix. I love how you've tackled the "ugly apparel", making some ragged looking lower tier stuff! I love it! Not everything has to be super-duper high tech fancy sci-fi gear! Give us some regular, working men and women clothes and uniforms like these!

Will have to keep an eye on this thread ;D

Gerrymon

Oh my, I know Harry comments on every threads, but I am still surprised you are here.  Thank you!

For those that have tried my mod in game, what do you think about the textures? Is that too much gradients and I must go even plainer? (comparative for plain is plainer right lol?)
I have made 1 new headgear and ready to update this again, but its better to change the texture at once and then update, because the next batch of clothing will take a bit longer. Maybe a week or so.

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap I LOVE THE BANDANDA! This is PERFECT! And this is also something I think I would have absolutely never thought of adding to the game, but it really does feel like it adds in so much character.

Also, please keep the current level of detail and colors that you are using, I love it. I also like how you have "thinner black lines" if that makes any sense. I am not an artist, so I am sure that I am not using the right terminology, but I love this style.

If anyone is familiar with spoonshortage's FashionRIMsta, or her mod Spoon's Hair Mod, then these are two of my most favorite mods. I like how detailed everything is, and how the style looks, really just everything about it. And I get that same feeling when looking at your textures. Plus, I am a huge fan of very detailed things, 256x256 or even 300x300 (not sure if the game even supports past 256?) textures! I think it's safe to say that a TON of people use Camera+, and we can all fully appreciate all of the great little details that modders add into their textures.

So please, if it's any encouragement, keep up the excellent work like you've done so far! Keep your lines thin (but not too thin!), your texture resolutions high, continue on the path that you're on, and I'm sure that this is going to become another must-have for the community :)

SzQ

You did well Gerry. I am proud, not sure why i am proud but i am.

edit
I am too tired to read all that so i will just stop by and enjoy aesthetics.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Harry_Dicks

We absolutely need more high quality apparel like this in the game. Between Change Dresser, the unstable version of Facial Stuff (let's pawns APPEARANCE of LAYER APPAREL be determined by where they are, what room, inside/outside, etc.), and now Appearance Clothes, players are going to be able to have their pawns displaying whatever type of apparel that they want, regardless of what is actually "equipped" on the pawn. ALL the more reason to have aesthetically beautiful and appropriate apparel, such as is being made here ;)

Gerrymon

I am very happy to recieved your kind words and encouragements, SzQ and Harry! Thank you. Its also thanks to you two for giving opinions when I need helps. Next update: vanilla Industrial worker clothing and Medieval worker for those that played medieval play through. Est: 1 week.  Cheers!

Mosser

I really love these clothes, can't wait for the next tiers! Those bandanas are the cutest headgear I've seen on a Rimmod. Since I mostly play tribal right now I've only seen the ragged dress, are all clothes going to have the same social chat impact debuff or at higher tiers the debuff is smaller? If it's going to be the first case, could you also make normal dresses for colonists? My pawns need pretty dresses :(

Oh, and always yes to sexy space maids :p

Gerrymon

Quote from: Mosser on March 03, 2018, 04:14:43 AM
I really love these clothes, can't wait for the next tiers! Those bandanas are the cutest headgear I've seen on a Rimmod. Since I mostly play tribal right now I've only seen the ragged dress, are all clothes going to have the same social chat impact debuff or at higher tiers the debuff is smaller? If it's going to be the first case, could you also make normal dresses for colonists? My pawns need pretty dresses :(

Those bandana is actually the hardest thing to draw here and I am very proud of it lol. Glad you like it.

As the name suggest, this outfit mainly for worker class of rim, and indeed in higher tier the debuff will be getting smaller :). I suggest to delete the <SocialImpact> tag on the xml file if you dont want it tho, because for now I need to finish all worker uniforms, and mind you, it will take a long time :P

Harry_Dicks

Also recommend setting up a base folder for when you go to extract your mod. Makes it easier for us end users. Plus, there is always the chance your could want your mod to have a uniform "mod folder name" across your user base, for reasons of using the game's built in mod checker if you wanted your mod to interact with other mods. You could avoid this with the actual Mod Checker mod I believe, but I would still recommend setting up a base folder. :)

Mosser

Quote from: Gerrymon on March 03, 2018, 05:33:15 AM
Quote from: Mosser on March 03, 2018, 04:14:43 AM

Those bandana is actually the hardest thing to draw here and I am very proud of it lol. Glad you like it.

As the name suggest, this outfit mainly for worker class of rim, and indeed in higher tier the debuff will be getting smaller :). I suggest to delete the <SocialImpact> tag on the xml file if you dont want it tho, because for now I need to finish all worker uniforms, and mind you, it will take a long time :P
Oh, don't worry, I'm a very patient person :P I'll wait until the fancier ones are made. For now, I'll stick to use them only on slaves

Harry_Dicks

In case anyone has trouble editing the xml tags, you can always try pinging me in my Discord. I'll help you with what I can. Link to my channel is in my signature! ;)

Gerrymon