[B18] Amnesia

Started by FrodoOf9Fingers, February 27, 2018, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrodoOf9Fingers

If you're a power gamer like me, you cannot stand to lose one of your carefully crafted pawns, making you constantly save scrum games. Or, you never gain any new pawns because you're never attacked by a pawn with decent stats. Or worse, you're a perfectionist, and all pawns must conform...

Amnesia makes pawns spawn without backstories and/or traits (customizable in settings). Now, trying to find that perfect pawn is super easy, since they're all the same! Any mods that allow pawns to gain backstories or traits will still function as normal, this mod only forces pawns to -start- without any traits, and forces them to have the amnesia backstory (child and adult versions, respectively).

This affects every pawn that is generated, including visitors, raiders, and defenders of your own raids. It is as if the entire world has been hit with widespread amnesia!

Downloads:
Githubhttps://github.com/FrodoOf9Fingers/Amnesia
Steam workshop: coming soon!

The source code is included, free feel to snag anything you want!

Edited with clarifications.

FrodoOf9Fingers

I'm new to modding steam games. Does anyone have a piece of artwork they'd be willing to share as a picture for the purposes of steam workshop/ingame?

Steam workshop link will be up once I figure out how to upload correctly.

Harry_Dicks

Looking forward to checking this out. Thanks!

Vlad0mi3r

Why would I use this over Prepare Carefully? I can edit everything in Prepare Carefully not just back stories.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks

Is this only applied to pawns at the departure screen, or all pawns that enter your map?

FrodoOf9Fingers

Every pawn that is every generated is affected. So your starting pawns, pawns that raid or visit, and pawns you encounter in enemy forts.

Prepare carefully only lets you affect your starting pawns.

TryB4Buy

Quote from: FrodoOf9Fingers on February 27, 2018, 06:18:21 PMAny mods that allow pawns to gain backstories or traits will still function as normal
What mods? Is there a whole list of mods on this forum I have missed that allow you to edit backstories?