Tribal start against 6 angry space marines

Started by VincentJ, February 24, 2018, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentJ

Hello

I started a game a few weeks ago, a beautiful valley in front of a big marble base. I saved my game and digged a little hole in the marble wall, just to see.
There was a mechanoïd. I've been able to escape without injure.

So I placed my tribal pawns out of range, and waited.

After several loadings (yes, it's cheating), the mechanoïd got out the marble base and went behind. So I sent everybody inside the marble base, checking all the time the movements of the mechanoïd.

I put steel traps.

Trying to kill one of my hunters, the mechanoïd's been killed by a trap.

I saved, tried to open the sleep chambers which are inside the base, and 5 angry space marines get out from it :O

I loaded my game, and don't really know how to kill them.

There are several plans :
1/ First I wanted to find an expandable pawn, who could open a chamber, be killed. After that, space marines are trapped inside the base and put fire to the walls (I don't know why, maybe to escape) and die cause of the flams.
I can take back their cloths and weapons but I lose someone

Fate sent me a cursed female artist under luciferium. Maybe if all I try doesn't run, and she runs out of luciferium, I can send her open a chamber.
Maybe she can do the same without diying, thanks to the luciferium.

2/ I find an animal able to do the same

3/ I put fire to the chambers. No loss, everyone safe. But I don't know how to provoke fires. Maybe with ratabooms ?

4/ Another idea I just had : I destroy the walls. Roof collapses on the chambers, killing or injuring space marines, I create another wall around them to isolate them. They feel trapped and burn their environment.

I think I will try the last, seems to be the easiest way. But I'm open to every strategies.

Canute

5/ or just let the marine sleep until you are more prepared to handle them.

6/ shoot at the chamber's that will open them too.

Btw. Centipede's are stupid and their weapons are slow.
Just get your pawn with shortbow at a corner and shoot at the centipede while he move.
Once the centipede stop and aim at you, hide behind the corner.

Injured Muffalo

Leave those rooms alone until you know what you're doing.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

VincentJ

Quote from: Injured Muffalo on February 25, 2018, 02:53:49 PM
Leave those rooms alone until you know what you're doing.

I know what I'm doing sometimes.

I tried a first strategy, let the roof fall on the marines while they were sleeping in their chambers. But the roof fell between them.
Then I left a rataboom turn around the chambers, it exploded, but as they were holes in the roof, the temperature and the smokes did not kill the marines.

It was raining

I rerun, almost the same thing, except a pyromaniac baby put fire to a lot of logstaffs I had placed inside the room, which accelerated things.
Marines were trying to break walls, but my colonists repaired them meanwhile
Every marine died, but sadly I didn't seized ALL THE LOOT from the marines' corpses.
So I reloaded.

I hadn't got a pyromaniac baby, but two ratabooms this time.
I won't do anything with the walls and the roof, it's too much work, I prefer a well closed room, a good big oven for my silly angry space marines.

I can put traps all around the walls and build a second wall. I may do that.

SzQ

Repair roof, build few campfires inside to rise temperature near 100 C and shoot one chamber while standing in door. If they break out load and make more campfires and maybe additional layer of wall.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

VincentJ

I tried full fire. That means, two ratabooms, logs everywhere, stools near the chambers to fuel, and, of course, a lot of steel traps everywhere.

It really works. The room becomes a gigantic oven, I almost reached 900°C.
The problem is that marines are consumed, their weapons too. At the end of the combustion only stay raw materials, gold and plasteel.

So I must change my strategy. I began to separate each chamber with granit walls, with a lot of steel traps around the chambers. I doubled all the external walls.
But I've taken two ratabooms to wake the marines up. Only one is enough, because it's very hard to turn off a fire when it's begun
If only I had fire extinguishers...

I was wondering... what the use of the chambers once their occupiers are dead ? If there's a famine ?

Other question : when you finally extinguish the fire on a weapon, and that weapon is around 25%, 30%... what does it change ? Between a 30% machinegun and a 100% short bow, what do you recommend ? I've seen the prices are roughly the same. A visitor could buy the 30% machinegun 2 or 3 silvers.

TheMeInTeam

Wait until you have 4 pawns (default tribal scenario starts with 5), and defeat them in detail with melee + perimeter wall + several doors on each side for mobility.  If you control it properly melee ones shouldn't be able to touch you, while ranged ones won't get to fire a shot.

Dashthechinchilla

Leave just one wall section in removed so it is the only crypt exit. From there, build a two wide corridor with traps so that is the only exit. Outside the end of the corridor build a small defensive structure. Around the corner so they don't stop in the corridor or crypt to engage you. Up by the one wall section exit of the crypt put a door.

Shoot the closest chamber until it opens. Run out the door. The idea is they will run through the traps to get around and engage you. You can finish off the remaining ones from the defensive position.

You can try to encourage them to take up poor defensive positions by installing plant pots outside your trap corridor, in front of your position. Plant pots have the second worst cover of any object.

VincentJ

Thanks to all your posts !

I found a "pacific" way to solve the conflict, I mean, without directly fight the space marines.

I placed steel traps around each chamber, and built eight walls, so each chamber is surrounded by a granite wall. The external wall has been doubled, marble+granite.
No doors, just one starving rataboom on a central cell.

The malnutrition level reaches 100%, explodes, the marines get out and trigger traps, the one with the rataboom is burnt. Once he collapses on the floor, I drill the wall and extinguish the fire, so I have all his possessions, almost undamaged.

The other marines die, thanks to the injuries made by the steel traps, thanks to the heat and the starvation, I can undress them and take their guns.

Now, my tribal villagers have pieces of ultra modern armors, machineguns, assault guns, precision gun, a pistol.
Raiders attack with guns two, so I have new guns, no need to produce them.

I just need to use medieval times to forge new melee weapons for my melee warriors.

sick puppy

wait, this actually happened or it is still just a plan? please record and upload to youtube

VincentJ

Sorry, you've got to trust me. Now I know how to kill easily tons of space marines in close combat.
The problem now is that I don't need medieval times. I've just searched electricity, my tribe has entered modern times.