[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

WOW THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you OP!

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Set-up camp into z-level. :-)
At last at the set-up camp's no event's happen.

YES!!! ;D ;D ;D

poruf

Harry_Dicks

Wait, so is this technically count as a second colony, or does this count as still being part of map one? If this is still part of map 1, and there are zero events/incidents that can happen on this secondary map.... then this is freaking huge for me. I could have my cultist do all of their dirty secret cult stuff deep in my dungeon now! ;D

Quote from: kenmtraveller on February 28, 2018, 02:11:59 PM
This is ambitious and amazing.  How much testing has been done?  Can events occur on these sublevels?  Are pawns in them considered to be in the parent map (for purposes of getting malaria, etc) or elsewhere?  If you've truly gotten this to work, it could be the basis for a lot more.

This is what I'm getting at as well. For a lot of the way things work in the game, if this is considered a "second map" or just an addition to the first one, if that's even possible, then this changes the way a lot of stuff will work.

Crioware

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 28, 2018, 03:21:14 PM
Wait, so is this technically count as a second colony, or does this count as still being part of map one? If this is still part of map 1, and there are zero events/incidents that can happen on this secondary map.... then this is freaking huge for me. I could have my cultist do all of their dirty secret cult stuff deep in my dungeon now! ;D

Harry, this counts as a second map, if you go to the world view when you have a mine active it will show up as another location on the same time as yours
Hat or be hatted

Ruisuki

are all the maps in an underground mountain zone? No sky right pure darkness all the way through sans artificial light. It would be cool adding the creatures from the movie The Descent. Those were creepy.

henk

Finally :D  <3

Now we need an elevator.
And then small layers. For each house a cellar :D
Then second floor per house( indoor with walls)
And you made almost a new game :p

Like the "Mars" mod

Ruisuki

Quote from: Crioware on February 28, 2018, 05:14:59 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 28, 2018, 03:21:14 PM

Harry, this counts as a second map, if you go to the world view when you have a mine active it will show up as another location on the same time as yours
would this interact in any way with vanillas additional colonies? Could you have multiple mines in other bases simultaneously? What about camps from set up camp mod...if they are set as permanent/non deletable camps?

Riffy

This is ambitious and amazing.  How much testing has been done?  Can events occur on these sublevels?  Are pawns in them considered to be in the parent map (for purposes of getting malaria, etc) or elsewhere?  If you've truly gotten this to work, it could be the basis for a lot more.

If he did get this working you could even go explore the stars and just have the ship as the home map. It could open up a lot of cool things.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Riffy on February 28, 2018, 06:14:28 PM

If he did get this working you could even go explore the stars and just have the ship as the home map. It could open up a lot of cool things.
Oh my god! Will my dream mod of the game turning into the game, FTL after the post game launch off the planet become true!?!?!?!?!?!
Thatd be pretty cool. A mod that triggers once you are technically 'finished' with the game.

Rimworld. SpaceShipworld. Mars. Rimworld modders make this game so much better damn

15scavenger

can i make it go up hahahaha!...anyways NICE MOD!!! AWESOME!!! nw u or i can have a basement in case of fallout!

Harry_Dicks

Would it be in the realm of possibility to ever have the pawns that go to this second map, still be considered on the same first map?

Ser Kitteh

Technically this would actually allow for creation of basements if you changed the artwork a bit.

Z-levels. In Rimworld. By God.

Ruisuki

Everyone is impressed with the potential. OP might have become a legend.

meowmeow

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 01, 2018, 02:55:43 AM
Technically this would actually allow for creation of basements if you changed the artwork a bit.

Z-levels. In Rimworld. By God.

Problem is, I can't do artwork. I sucks at it. The last time I try to draw something, god himself appeared and told me to stop because he can't bear seeing it. Omniscient have its flaws.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 01, 2018, 12:54:04 AM
Would it be in the realm of possibility to ever have the pawns that go to this second map, still be considered on the same first map?

What do you mean? You mean, they're still visible on the main map? Like 3d?

wwWraith

Are the stone types in the underground tied with the main map or chosen randomly? Maybe some differences in the generation algorithm (ores' spawning chances, "main" temperature) based on the depth?

Any ideas about beds deassigned when the pawn changes map?

Something to reduce micromanagement by making pawns to return automatically if they need to eat/sleep/heal?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.