[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

ebrius

I'd love to help out porting this to B19 but I would need the source for that.

ebrius

Quote from: Hempflingclub on September 29, 2018, 08:05:42 AM
hope this unofficial reupload will help you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsdnrneys77okev/DeepRim.zip?dl=1

Thanks, it helps, but it's only half the puzzle, I still need the source that was used to create DeepRim.dll. I'll try decompiling it, but decompiled code is a pain to work with, having the original source would help much more.

ebrius

Here is an UNOFFICIAL B19 version. I've given this a reasonable once over with testing and I didn't find any regressions, but let me know if you hit any bugs. I "fixed' the world map error by just using a blank texture, so the world map now shows a white box instead of that annoying error image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ilgqfewq2949aw/DeepRim.zip?dl=1

I'll wait to hear back from the creator before I start to support this more officially.

Dango

Quote from: ebrius on October 01, 2018, 08:01:07 PM
Here is an UNOFFICIAL B19 version. I've given this a reasonable once over with testing and I didn't find any regressions, but let me know if you hit any bugs. I "fixed' the world map error by just using a blank texture, so the world map now shows a white box instead of that annoying error image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ilgqfewq2949aw/DeepRim.zip?dl=1

I'll wait to hear back from the creator before I start to support this more officially.

Known problems, when the caravan attempts to enter the Underground mining camp from the world map, the caravan will disappear.

meowmeow

Updated to B19, with some bug fixes.

As for reason for my long period of disappearance, I'm sorry. I got a summer job at the onion, you know, the news site. At the onion, we use dimensional transporter to gather news from alternative timelines where things are simply insane and unbelievable in our normal timeline. Anyway, I went into one where an insane clown got voted president and won't stop twittering and making an embarrassment of himself. But when I tried to return to the original timeline, I found the dimensional transporter broken, leaving me stuck in the insane timeline.

Later on, I realize it was broken a long time ago. I never left my original timeline. With the alternative timelines news far more boring than current reality's, the company's force to cost down and I got fired. Anyway, long story short, it was an intense year for everyone. And I'm back updating the mod.

Canute

Welcome back or maybe not.
Yeah alternative worlds and timeline can be very confusing, you are sure you are back, maybe this timeline is just pretty close to your original one ! :-)

zmadz

J.BEAR

thank you meowmeow! i love the concept of this!!
my map has river + road... it seems mine level 1 copied over the river tile for tile ... so i guess its sorta working?
( but i think its kinda silly to have 1 open flowing river stacked 1 Z level below another open flowing river :P ... the map below the river would have blocked off 7/7 filled water depth like in dorf fortress) i can build entire river worth of free watermills, not that i'm complaining.
- suggest completely disable rivers on mine level 1, but possible from level 2 onward as underground river... if anyone else also feel this might be a bit unrealistic and OP.

also... is there a way to disable counting and adding my mines' wealth to colony wealth? (maybe a mod option? or i can just do it myself) I imagine nobody would have knowledge of how much stuff i'd be hiding deep underground (no trade beacons would work underground anyways) I get giddy at the thought of lifting up to the surface a death squad of charge lance marines in full armor to meet raiders... when they thought they are raiding some ghetto farm house in the middle of nowhere.

let me know what files i can change.. thanks alot!

k1ll3rM

Hey, could you please update this to the steam workshop? I like that I don't have to manually update the mod that way. Also, would it be possible to have colonists traverse levels automatically? That would make this mod a 100% must. Thanks for taking the time to make an awesome mod like this!

k1ll3rM

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 02, 2018, 10:43:51 PM
thank you meowmeow! i love the concept of this!!
my map has river + road... it seems mine level 1 copied over the river tile for tile ... so i guess its sorta working?
( but i think its kinda silly to have 1 open flowing river stacked 1 Z level below another open flowing river :P ... the map below the river would have blocked off 7/7 filled water depth like in dorf fortress) i can build entire river worth of free watermills, not that i'm complaining.
- suggest completely disable rivers on mine level 1, but possible from level 2 onward as underground river... if anyone else also feel this might be a bit unrealistic and OP.

also... is there a way to disable counting and adding my mines' wealth to colony wealth? (maybe a mod option? or i can just do it myself) I imagine nobody would have knowledge of how much stuff i'd be hiding deep underground (no trade beacons would work underground anyways) I get giddy at the thought of lifting up to the surface a death squad of charge lance marines in full armor to meet raiders... when they thought they are raiding some ghetto farm house in the middle of nowhere.

let me know what files i can change.. thanks alot!

The underground rivers should probably also be a lot smaller than most surface river.

J.BEAR

Quote from: k1ll3rM on October 03, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
Hey, could you please update this to the steam workshop? I like that I don't have to manually update the mod that way. Also, would it be possible to have colonists traverse levels automatically? That would make this mod a 100% must. Thanks for taking the time to make an awesome mod like this!

from the looks of it, this mod literally just opens a "set up camp" map on the same tile as your colony, not really Z level but basically another map, pawns cant path to another map i think.

CthulhuTactical