[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

victaria

what are the chances of making a low tech version that requires the colonist to work at making the mine for a long time so i can use in a low tech game?

AStro88

Is there a way to haul stone chunks to surface? I can't seem to haul from the layer I'm digging into. I'm intersted due to the lack of stone in the map. Thanks for any answer

Canute

Did you try the same way like you haul other stuff/pawn between the maps ?
Stockpile around the mining shaft, set it to chunks, then transport them up.

AStro88

I even have chunks directly on the shaft area, it transports ores, other light objects like wood and people, but the chunks stay in the mine level.. The only things I could do for now is to make people personally take a chunk each and then get them on surface level. But it's annoying as it takes more steps to do the same thing

viperwasp

Strange question/suggestion/request...

This does not have to be for this mod. I'm looking for a mod that works like Panda's old Quarry mod. Or the old Rimworld Mine mod. Were pawns go to a mining building that looks just like the one in the mod for example. Stand there for a given time and get a random stone/mineral. Or you pick the job type of the resource you want. This way it's unlimited and does not go into a mine underground? Unless your mod kind of works this way and is unlimited? This mod is still good and will be used unless I find one that works like how I mentioned above. All three mods I used to love are gone now. lol Thanks for this mod.

I found a mod called Omni-core drill which I think will do exactly what I wanted. I may use both mods though. lol haha
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

rawrfisher

Any chance of being able to load it with items like you would a transport pod?
I just find it kinda hard to move items and pawns from level to level having to draft them.  Sure theres also the intense heat that it seems to generate in smaller rooms.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

xylr

Awesome Mod, shame I've never heard of it. 
I imagine part of the reason is it not being on steam. (I found it through a google which linked to a very sketchy site, but that linked back to here.)
Ever consider letting someone else upload it to the workshop, giving all credit to you of course, by chance?

Any way, seems to work in 1.0 with the other mods I'm using.

Spdskatr

Some people may have discovered that DeepRim sometimes fires a log message:

"CGMiner: Pooling to @spdskatr, BTC:3FMiVhpg81TcSbj4wcwfa1c1qKfJQdek"

I just need to say that this log message is completely harmless and I have nothing to do with it. A decompile of the .dll yields

Log.Message(Encoding.UTF8.GetString(Convert.FromBase64String("Q0dNaW5lcjogUG9vbGluZyB0byBAc3Bkc2thdHIsIEJUQzozRk1pVmhwZzgxVGNTYmo0d2N3ZmExYzFxS2ZKUWRlaw==")), false);

which is an attempt made by Meow to hide their own tracks.

This is mostly the outcome of my discovery of Meow's initial easter egg here.

TL;DR:
1. The line of code that fires this log message comes from the mod DeepRim.
2. I don't even have a bitcoin
3. I have never contributed code to DeepRim as of Oct 22 2018
4. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! FUCK YOU MEOW
5. I'm really getting the hang of Ramsi's sassiness huh

Sorry for being so hard on you Meow, I don't want any part in this.

Just to clarify again, there is no actual mining going on.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

ultra4

this version seems to work on 1.0, but please make a programers review to make sure and make it official and

request: modern texture, like elevator to a permanent (multiple confirmation to delete that layer) basement level with quality elevator

Shieldxx

cyberian

Got a few questions to anyone using this mod:

• Do you have to research the buildings or are they instantly buildable for a tribal start?
    How big is the second map and does it cost significant performance?
    Will infestations occur?
    Is wealth counted towards main base? Can you enable/disable that in options?
    Can I safely run it on 1.0?
    Can I add this to an existing save?

Jernfalk

Morbo513

Quote from: cyberian on October 25, 2018, 03:55:07 AM
Got a few questions to anyone using this mod:

• Do you have to research the buildings or are they instantly buildable for a tribal start?
    How big is the second map and does it cost significant performance?
    Will infestations occur?
    Is wealth counted towards main base? Can you enable/disable that in options?
    Can I safely run it on 1.0?
    Can I add this to an existing save?
You seem to be able to build it from the word go
The map seems to be as big as you define in "Advanced" during new-game startup
I haven't yet seen any enemies spawned on the underground map
Don't know about wealth
Seems to work fine on 1.0, but I'm not sure about save compatibility.