[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heni

This mod is epic, i can take any resources that i need and i dont fell that i am cheating. Genial idea! Keep your good work i really wich to see more mods from you friend.

Vane

Just a question, does the deeper you mine effect the rarity of resources? At 50m atm and all I can find is steel and some components

Vlad0mi3r

Are there any events happening on the new level yet? Like infestations and such?
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Ozymandias

Rock chunks don't get transported to the surface for whatever reason.

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Vane on March 13, 2018, 05:36:58 PM
Just a question, does the deeper you mine effect the rarity of resources? At 50m atm and all I can find is steel and some components

As far as i mined, it was the same map with the same ores at the same place. You can tweak things a bit with configurable maps, adding more ores for example, but the place will be the same. It'd be great if the map generator could shuffle the ores location at each depth, because after the first one i was mainly looking for uranium and it felt cheesy to find it at the same place at each depth.

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 13, 2018, 05:41:19 PM
Are there any events happening on the new level yet? Like infestations and such?

I think there is no event so far. Maybe infestations should be a thing? The underground wealth is low, so unless you use the layer to stock valuable items you should only get small infestations anyway.

Harry_Dicks

This furthers my desire for Ludeon to allow players access to change the scenario editor on the fly after the game has started. Would be so amazing all of the options like events/incidents that we could turn on/off on one map but not another, or setup schedules for events/incidents to repeat, whatever. Maybe a player only wants infestations to occur once every 2 quadrums on their mining map, but doesn't want this to start until the third year? Possibilities are endless.

Canute

Like a Storyteller with extra setting ?
Yeah that would be a neat idea.
But that still don't solve the problem that no event's happen on temp. maps, and a mining map is just a temp. map.

Vane

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on March 14, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

As far as i mined, it was the same map with the same ores at the same place. You can tweak things a bit with configurable maps, adding more ores for example, but the place will be the same. It'd be great if the map generator could shuffle the ores location at each depth, because after the first one i was mainly looking for uranium and it felt cheesy to find it at the same place at each depth

Ah that's a shame, but thanks for the suggestion on configurable maps

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Canute on March 14, 2018, 05:43:46 AM
But that still don't solve the problem that no event's happen on temp. maps, and a mining map is just a temp. map.

Events do occur on temp maps, i've already been ambushed on such maps. The thing is these events are limited and usually you don't stay long enough on temp maps to see them, so they're rare. But if you declare deeprim maps as temp maps and allow infestations on temp maps, you'll get infestations in your deep mines.

The side effect is if you mine to the border of the map, it will open the map on the outside world and you may also get ambushes in your deep mine.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on March 14, 2018, 05:43:46 AM
Like a Storyteller with extra setting ?
Yeah that would be a neat idea.
I mean just like the "Scenario Editor" when you go to start a new game. In it, you can enable/disable any events/incidents, or make them happen on regular intervals, whatever. But, you have to set all of this up before you start your game, and can't change it after you've started. My idea is, if the player had access to all of this stuff after the game had started, and/or they can change all of these settings on the fly, it would be awesome. This would allow the player to totally customize their experience to their tastes, without having to start a new colony every time they want to change the scenario options.

Canute

Yep that's what i mean.
A storyteller with option, where you can set or modify some or most scenario editor options.
Like when you get bored you just can add ingame a repeating enemy raid as addition to the normal storyteller would throw in.

meowmeow

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on March 14, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

As far as i mined, it was the same map with the same ores at the same place. You can tweak things a bit with configurable maps, adding more ores for example, but the place will be the same. It'd be great if the map generator could shuffle the ores location at each depth, because after the first one i was mainly looking for uranium and it felt cheesy to find it at the same place at each depth.

I think there is no event so far. Maybe infestations should be a thing? The underground wealth is low, so unless you use the layer to stock valuable items you should only get small infestations anyway.

Different map generation and events for different depth is currently planned, but not yet implement. At the moment, I'm planning on some new danger and events for underground map, to offset the benefits with some threats. Lava, steam geyser (with superheated steam blast to face), poison gas. Will also change the ore generation method, so deeper gives more and rarer ores.

aemeyer

Perfect, I just drilled to a map of what looks to be about 70-80% Slate for the first 2 layers, so an update with some way to get more steel (in a non-cheaty fashion) would be great.

jmattspartacus

I'm not knowledgeable about the API for Rimworld (or what methods you have access to) but you might be able to set it up to check at certain intervals (so many ticks or seconds) if there are items in a stockpile with a given name like "down export", and within a certain distance or something like that, so that it sends items to another named stockpile within a certain distance of the receiving layer. In principle, you should be able to make this work in the opposite direction as well if it works.

There's probably a better way of connecting it than comparing names, but it's one that might make an easy to handle setup for players

DiamondBorne

I hope Cave biome and caveworld flora by Rikiki got updated  so I could see how good they synergize with this mod. Maybe a massive underground fungiponic bay.  :)