[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

No risk no metal ! :-)
When a huge explosion destroy the mineshaft, the feedback let the stabilizing structures collape too, and the whole underground get into movement and fill up any empty space -> destroyed map.

Maybe they need to research earthquake safe construction, to allow map's to stay perma even without mineshaft.

lumina2183

hi need help. when i download the file (v.02) it says error or damaged file. newbie here. Thanks a lot. btw, this mod has a great potential!

Canute

lumina2183,
i just download and activate the mod without problem.
Maybe try to redownload it, or use a different browser/download tool.

aslei

Pretty cool, Only issue I had was weather erroring constantly on effects. Lightning strikes for example would bring up errors because it couldn't find anywhere to strike that wasn't overhead mountain(I assume this is the reason anyway).
Not really unexpected considering but a minor annoyance anyway.

FYI if you abandon your initial settlement your shaft stays.

HealsOnMe

Quote from: meowmeow on February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM
DeepRim

Description:
Allows construction of mining shaft, which can drill down and bring you new maps to explore and mine for resource.  Never run out of ores! Avoid the lazy Deep drill with this new revolutionary mining method!

Start by building a mining shaft and click start. It requires power while drilling. (It's not magic, duh)

Once finished, you get the option to send people and item down

They'll end up in the underground map, full of rocks and ores to mine.

FAQ:
Will there be raids in the underground?
Unlikely. I can't say for sure. Raids can probably still be forced for underground, but it'll probably just spew some red errors. Can't say what will happen, since there's quite a number of storyteller, and some are custom.

Planned Feature:
Multiple shaft to single map, allowing tunnels to be made
Balancing

Author/Mod Team
Me. Just me. I think, for now. Oh, wait. Asset by jabbamonkey is used. The one posted on forum, called Industrial_Mine.png

Download
Version V0.2

Changelog:
V0.2:
Bug fix. Is now compatible with HardcoreSK.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

meowmeow

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2018, 03:16:45 AM
No risk no metal ! :-)
When a huge explosion destroy the mineshaft, the feedback let the stabilizing structures collape too, and the whole underground get into movement and fill up any empty space -> destroyed map.

Maybe they need to research earthquake safe construction, to allow map's to stay perma even without mineshaft.

You can now prevent your map from being lost by building two shaft. Newest version allows multiple shaft to one map. To avoid getting trapped, get a few shafts for safety!

Minnigin

Z levels, they said it couldn't be done and here we are, I salute you

Canute

Basicly they arn't Z-levels, they are just temp. map like a bandit encounter, but like a mountenous tile full of stone and ore.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2018, 01:05:08 PM
Basicly they arn't Z-levels, they are just temp. map like a bandit encounter, but like a mountenous tile full of stone and ore.

Yes. This is just like Set-Up Camp mod, but you already have built in portals via the mineshafts, and the temp map now is surrounded by rock.

IMO a true Z-level would let pawns automatically pathfind between the two maps, and also not have the map defined as a "separate map", but rather, just an extension of the first one. Also, if it were a true second level, then it wouldn't have serparate events/incidents that are independent of the first map, no?

shirlierox

Oooh I do like this mod I can see this being handy with various other mods.   It would be good to be able to somehow load items onto the lift for easy transfer between levels.

Just been playing this with hardcore sk and I found an underground river and then built a bridge haha amazing.

minakurafto

idea:
- hatchdoor texture or something to make basement
- building that can transfer/teleport item to cave map or make it as addon to mining shaft like transport pod, and works like transport pod as it can transfer item between map, so there are max 12 slot
- but if there is a lot of and constant item to be moved it would become a chore, maybe something like stockpile and building that sucked the item from stockpile and teleport it to another stockpile is needed, and also way to transport incapacitated pawn from underground to surface
- make an option like set up camp (map size and permanent or not) so if accident happen (shaft destroyed) all is not lost. well this is an option so it wont affect people that think otherwise
- need a way to transfer electricity from above to underground

WenTehCoolest

meowmeow

Quote from: WenTehCoolest on March 02, 2018, 10:19:09 PM
Is it biome restricted like prolly n/a for sea ice maps right? :D

There's no restriction for biome at the moment. For balancing, all biome should be allowed to build this. Though, for realism, only a few would be allowed. Marsh, dessert, and ice sheet all seem unsuitable for digging

Canute

Even at sea ice, somewhere deep is an underground.
It is just much more difficult and cost intensive to build a mineshaft down there.
That count even for marsh and desert, they just need to create a solid mineshaft, rather then to dig a hole in the ground.
Higher buildcost and constant maintance.

Maybe for the future to create special map events like water inflow, sand inflow, toxic gas inflow

Asmith

Is there a chance that the underground level could have a cave system?  This seems like the only instance where the cave biome is actually desirable.