[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

FociA

emergency bunker would be cool - and we can make a deathly fallout then! bunkersim :D

Harry_Dicks

Browsing around HardcoreSK Project's textures, and it would be really awesome if we could have some kind of texture like this, that would show the mine shaft elevator going up and down.

Canute

Ancient danger underground,
you drill your mineshaft right into a deactiavted Mechanoid hive base, and they start to invade your colony from the mineshaft ! :-)
If you survive, you can plunder the base.

Don231

Would this ever be released to Steam?

Will I lose the map if everyone leaves the underground map or do I always have to Leave someone there?

aslei

Quote from: Don231 on March 03, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

Will I lose the map if everyone leaves the underground map or do I always have to Leave someone there?
Map is persistant unless you change it in the shaft, So no you don't have to leave anyone there. You can even send everyone from your colony down the shaft and keep your normal map. Probably not a good idea though.

meowmeow

Quote from: Don231 on March 03, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

No, no. No to both.

This will never be release to steam. Nor will you lose the map if you leave. The one way to lose your underground map is to abandon it, or if your shaft is destroyed.

SzaryKaptur

Mod is awesome but there is a really big problem. Can't deconstruct or destroy shaft. I don't have any active undeground maps so.. help?  EDIT: I destroyed in while some undeground map was active o.0

Exception ticking Wolf: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DeepRim.Building_MiningShaft.Abandon () <0x0001c>
at DeepRim.Building_MiningShaft.Destroy (Verse.DestroyMode) <0x00010>
at Verse.Thing.Kill (System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x0001b>
at Verse.DamageWorker.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x001e9>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x00060>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing.TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo) <0x00275>
at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.ApplyMeleeDamageToTarget (Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x000ee>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase.TryCastShot_Patch1 (object) <0x003e8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot_Patch1 (object) <0x0007c>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x0005c>
at Verse.VerbTracker.VerbsTick () <0x00034>
at Verse.HediffComp_VerbGiver.CompPostTick (single&) <0x0001c>
at Verse.HediffWithComps.PostTick () <0x00049>
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () <0x00086>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x001a9>
at TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour2._Tick (Verse.TickList) <0x00759>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour2:_Tick(TickList)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3:_DoSingleTick(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Jdalt40

Quote from: SzaryKaptur on March 05, 2018, 03:16:44 PM
Mod is awesome but there is a really big problem. Can't deconstruct or destroy shaft. I don't have any active undeground maps so.. help?  EDIT: I destroyed in while some undeground map was active o.0

Exception ticking Wolf: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DeepRim.Building_MiningShaft.Abandon () <0x0001c>
at DeepRim.Building_MiningShaft.Destroy (Verse.DestroyMode) <0x00010>
at Verse.Thing.Kill (System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x0001b>
at Verse.DamageWorker.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x001e9>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x00060>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing.TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo) <0x00275>
at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttack.ApplyMeleeDamageToTarget (Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x000ee>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase.TryCastShot_Patch1 (object) <0x003e8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot_Patch1 (object) <0x0007c>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x0005c>
at Verse.VerbTracker.VerbsTick () <0x00034>
at Verse.HediffComp_VerbGiver.CompPostTick (single&) <0x0001c>
at Verse.HediffWithComps.PostTick () <0x00049>
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () <0x00086>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x001a9>
at TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour2._Tick (Verse.TickList) <0x00759>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour2:_Tick(TickList)
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour3:_DoSingleTick(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
Something is detouring code that DeepRim uses probably. Specifically Multithreading, I'd check out Tick Multithread as that is the only mod I know of that would detour this.

Call me Arty

Quote from: meowmeow on March 03, 2018, 10:24:32 PM
This will never be release to steam. Nor will you lose the map if you leave. The one way to lose your underground map is to abandon it, or if your shaft is destroyed.

Might I ask if there's a specific reason to not have it on Steam? Personally, I prefer the platform, and so does (as far as I know) most of the game's player base. Putting it on Steam would just give it to more people to use and test it.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Call me Arty on March 05, 2018, 11:03:57 PM

Might I ask if there's a specific reason to not have it on Steam? Personally, I prefer the platform, and so does (as far as I know) most of the game's player base. Putting it on Steam would just give it to more people to use and test it.

Actually the likely hood of me even downloading it if it is not on steam is remote at best. I would love to test it and give feedback but I have had to many dramas with downloads where you get more than just the download. Steam in my opinion gives some protection in regards to this situation.

Please Consider.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

meowmeow

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 05, 2018, 11:39:25 PM

Actually the likely hood of me even downloading it if it is not on steam is remote at best. I would love to test it and give feedback but I have had to many dramas with downloads where you get more than just the download. Steam in my opinion gives some protection in regards to this situation.

Please Consider.

I don't use steam. I'm also too lazy to register a dropbox account (Also basically the same for other cloud upload). The upload I'm currently using seems suitable. I haven't yet have any complain with it tampering with file. If there's issue with injected virus for that site, I'll switch to another upload and provide a checksum for future version.

I'm sorry that you prefer to avoid this mod because of it not being on steam.

Kondensator

Can pawns return to the base if they are hungry, if not is it going to be implemented(if possible)?

Canute

Currently there is no physical connection between the maps, so they can't path to your homebase for food.
You need manualy control them to the elevator and send them back to home.
Or just create a small dinning spot there.

wwWraith

Regarding returning to the main map for eating/sleeping/joy: I think the solution could be found without actual connection and pathing: by injecting a check just before the pawn starts the searching for food/bed/joy so if they are on the "deep" map, they should be lead to the elevator first, if it's possible.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.