[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on March 06, 2018, 08:45:06 AM
Regarding returning to the main map for eating/sleeping/joy: I think the solution could be found without actual connection and pathing: by injecting a check just before the pawn starts the searching for food/bed/joy so if they are on the "deep" map, they should be lead to the elevator first, if it's possible.
What if you would like your miners to take their lunch down there with them, but still come back up to sleep?

Rhetorical question, but really, there are an infinite number of different scenarios and conditions that you could imagine for specific reasons why some players would want some pawns to automatically swap between maps for only certain things, maybe even down to the individual pawn level or even the time of day!

I think that this can never be solved with just one default setting that would satisfy everyone. Pawns would actually need to be able to path through the maps automatically to figure out things for themselves, like going back to their beds, or if they are hurt to the hospital, getting food, etc. etc. If this cannot be implemented (which I can only imagine how hard this would be to implement), then I think we will be stuck having to have separate facilities in each map, or still having to manually send pawns back and forth between maps.

Canute

Hmmm interesting idea.
The elevator is a fake bed, when a pawn need to rest he is going to the bed.
But instead of sleeping he is geting teleported to the base.

But i don't think is be been made without aditional C# work.

I don't think food is that important since most pawn allready take a ration with them.

And maybe a power transfer system.
So either the Deep map can be connected over the mineshaft, or the top building just need 1000W, and the other act as generator with 1000W.
At this way you can build some lights or install hauling robots.

Wanderer_joins

The power transfer system is a nice idea if it can be implemented. Curently i've simply built a small outpost with beds, NPD, pool table and generators. Scanning the layer with MiningCo. scanner helps targeting the ore with only 2-3 dedicated miners: https://imgur.com/JIGjuXR

It's largely enough. Down there your pawn get the "extremely/very low expectation" mood buff (+25/ +18), they also get cabin fever(-7/-15), but just getting them up for parties and raid is enough most of the time.

I got ~200 components, 350 uranium, and lots of steel.

On side notes i still have an error message on the world map:

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at UI/drillc in any active mod or in base resources.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ContentFinder`1:Get(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.WorldObjectDef:get_ExpandingIconTexture()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject:get_ExpandingIcon()
RimWorld.Planet.ExpandableWorldObjectsUtility:ExpandableWorldObjectsOnGUI()
RimWorld.WorldInterface:WorldInterfaceOnGUI_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

And the wealth is updated very frequently, spamming the log.

Vlad0mi3r

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

You are woried about a phishing from chrome, but you freely give out your data to Stream and Co ? :-)
Yes Stream collect your data, maybe not that massive like facebook&google but it does.

But when the author refuse to have a stream account, you can't force him.
And a stream user still can install non-stream mods, while a DRM user can't install stream mod's.

Sixdd

I'd love to use this mod but the lack of Steam support really is annoying. I just can't be arsed to check the forum every day to look for updates. That being said, who knows maybe I'll get bored with the other 200+ mods I have from Steam and give this a try.

Fatsack

You should add +z layers now, just do transparent overlays, and only allow going to a plus z layer via stairs, and building over +z layers on top of buildings, and diminishing +z layers on mountains.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Fatsack on March 07, 2018, 12:40:29 PM
You should add +z layers now, just do transparent overlays, and only allow going to a plus z layer via stairs, and building over +z layers on top of buildings, and diminishing +z layers on mountains.

While we're at it let's get 64 bit support, multi-core support, and multiplayer.

Corvias

meowmeow, I know you don't want to put this on steam workshop. That's totally understandable. However, would you be opposed to someone doing it for you so long as they made it very clear who the real author of the mod is and link back to this forum thread?

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Canute on March 07, 2018, 02:47:05 AM
You are woried about a phishing from chrome, but you freely give out your data to Stream and Co ? :-)
Yes Stream collect your data, maybe not that massive like facebook&google but it does.

But when the author refuse to have a stream account, you can't force him.
And a stream user still can install non-stream mods, while a DRM user can't install stream mod's.

Yes I am aware that Steam collects info. I am aware that I can't force someone to launch it on steam I am not trying to I was just explaining my position. I am also aware I can install non steam mods as well.

I also don't want to be chasing updates and having to manually re-download them. Steam keeps on top of this and saves me time and effort.

Finally I respect meowmeow's position on not doing it and that's fine. If I can also further explain my position in the hopes that meowmeow will change their position in regards to the use of steam then that would be really good too.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Corvias

QuoteI also don't want to be chasing updates and having to manually re-download them. Steam keeps on top of this and saves me time and effort.

For that matter, if you play on multiple computers it keeps your saves AND mods synched across all of them.

703m

Is there any way I can get the mineshaft to work without power? I'm using the medieval mod and don't have electricity. I tried removing the line in Buildings_buildable.xml that seemed to indicate power requirement, but it just bugged the mining shaft out.

henk

Hint to"steal" / ask for      ideas of the power connection

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27768.0

Also if you are able to change the pathfinding with 2 settlements collected ..
Then it s a small jump to houses in which you could go :D

Build a  4*4 house   move inside
Be in 8*8 house

That would be a total change  of the game

Sadly it is not factorio and not optimised :D
Starts to lag with such things

Cause pathfinding is calculated each time and not saved in a database

Rocket_Raccoon

Obivion

I'm running this on an existing game with no adding issues, and loving it so far.

Issue I ran into is after I have abandoned the layer, I get a red every time a pawn attempts to deconstruct the shaft.

I'm really looking forwards to how this mod progresses in latter updates :D