[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cjlacroix

I can't seem to build anything on the mine level, can't move furniture either. Is this normal or intended?

Modraneth

is it possible to create a underground base?
and take electricity from the 'main' map to the underground?

Canute

But when the mining shaft get destroyed because some mechanoid decide to land their pod's on them, you base is gone.

I think the electricity is a planned feature.

MostNimbus

Neat!

Is it technically possible to adjust pathfinding, so pawns can jump between layers by their own?

Jernfalk

Hey! Awesome mod, been using it a lot!
Would you be so kind as to make a non-powered version for low-tech playthroughs?

Madman666

And here i was sure z levels won't be there ever. Holy crap. By the way, can you change the size of that temp map you get via drilling? Like in Set Up Camp you can choose the possible map sizes. Because if it generates a full map same size as your original one it will be damn harsh on CPUs when you play largest maps possible.

Kay, played around with it a bit - its a bit raw, but the the sheer potential is limitless. This can be long awaited permanent late game resource solution, without cheesing core drills or resource plants from Vegetable Garden. This is absolutely amazing, I'll be watchin this one mod very closely. Hats off to the author. Really looking forward to random underground generation, threats and other good stuff you might come up with.

Modraneth

Quote from: Jernfalk on April 14, 2018, 11:15:11 AM
Hey! Awesome mod, been using it a lot!
Would you be so kind as to make a non-powered version for low-tech playthroughs?

+1

mafia_is_mafia

Thank you so much for finding a better solution to deep drilling! One big problem I have is that the transport does not move chunks. I've run out of stones on my base world and would love to be able to transport marble chunks up the lift but right now they simply aren't moved.

Enervated

Here's a patched version of the DeepRim assembly people can use that allows you to bring stone chunks up/down the mining shaft.

It's not a pretty patch since I've never even looked at the rimworld assembly till now and i don't know the best way to do this, but it's quick fix that works fine until the mod author implements it himself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83oea08isqjgp2s/DeepRim.dll?dl=0

Just drop this file into the Mods/DeepRim/Assemblies folder and replace the existing file

Tomasdav

I am playing on the gargantuous sized map and after activateing the shaft my colonist panel disappeared. When I send someone down I cannot get to them someone know why this occures?

matheryn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 07, 2018, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Fatsack on March 07, 2018, 12:40:29 PM
You should add +z layers now, just do transparent overlays, and only allow going to a plus z layer via stairs, and building over +z layers on top of buildings, and diminishing +z layers on mountains.

While we're at it let's get 64 bit support, multi-core support, and multiplayer.

O   M   G

Yes Please i would litterally die if this became 64 bit

L I T T E R A L L Y   D I E

matheryn

Quote from: Heni on March 12, 2018, 09:39:34 PM
This mod is epic, i can take any resources that i need and i dont fell that i am cheating. Genial idea! Keep your good work i really wich to see more mods from you friend.

Problem is though if you abandon your mine or deconstruct it and place a new one on the same spot then technically you get a whole fresh new underground map so its infinite resources on the same map so it is kinda cheaty but what would be fantastic is if they find a way to link it all to the same map as the player base aka the underground being map 1 aswell that way if you did do an underground mine and deconstruct the mineshaft and make a new one on the same spot the underground would be just as you left it

On a side note id LOVE to see tynan's face if this was made possible to have z levels on the same map without creating new maps

skyarkhangel

Quote from: matheryn on May 05, 2018, 07:01:06 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 07, 2018, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Fatsack on March 07, 2018, 12:40:29 PM
You should add +z layers now, just do transparent overlays, and only allow going to a plus z layer via stairs, and building over +z layers on top of buildings, and diminishing +z layers on mountains.

While we're at it let's get 64 bit support, multi-core support, and multiplayer.

O   M   G

Yes Please i would litterally die if this became 64 bit

L I T T E R A L L Y   D I E

By the way. Rimworld 64 bit already exist. Just use search  ;)
plz, not die.