[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebrius

Do you have the source code posted? I'd like to play around with a few changes.

MineFoxC

Any ideas for new incidents?(I haven't played it yet and don't know if there are already events cause the new windows update is messing with lots of my games{hoi4 launcher crash,eu4 new game crash,fallout 4 launcher crash,rimworld crash on map selection screen etc.)
Some ideas:
-cave-in {basically the "roof collapsed" event just more random{and possibly mining skill based?}}
-underground river {a fog area that has an underground river{instead of the normal "area discovered" event}
-underground lake {like above,but a lake instead,and when close it gives an "empty space" event,like the "ancient danger" event,with a description about the sound when the pawn hit the rock instead.{when opened,it could work like the poison ship effect of replacing terrain,a lot faster,and replacing the terrain with shallow water}
-ancient temple {like normal surface temples,instead it has sculptures and precious materials,but full of traps and mines to slow you down and some mechanoids}

I have very limited knowledge of rimworld modding,but this seems possible to make,since it would use many normal events,just copy-paste events plus descriptions(localization),rename the copies and modify the descriptions,then change some stuff here and there,maybe add the poison ship's lines in the lake event as hidden event and clean up the mess :P
It's probably a lot harder than this,but i'm not a rimworld modder XP (i mod fallout NV,3,4;HoI 3,4;EU 4 and other smaller games)
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

Archadeas

Is there a way to send prisoners down? I am using the prison labor mod and I want to make an underground prison system for miners(it also saves them from a horrible death in the above ground camp as it is currently surrounded by 200 zombies, is a nuclear wasteland, and a heatwave :D ) I am also making a long term underground "Vault" play and I want to make a recon base up top without a prison that keeps the colony able to trade.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

CrazyMalk

Quote from: Archadeas on July 19, 2018, 08:40:37 PM
Is there a way to send prisoners down? I am using the prison labor mod and I want to make an underground prison system for miners(it also saves them from a horrible death in the above ground camp as it is currently surrounded by 200 zombies, is a nuclear wasteland, and a heatwave :D ) I am also making a long term underground "Vault" play and I want to make a recon base up top without a prison that keeps the colony able to trade.

Just make a mining shaft on your prisoner room and wait for them to be on top of the shaft. I believe this should work

Ky6000

Any Idea on how to uninstall this mod? I cannot delete/kill/deconstruct the mining shaft after/before abandoning the layer (it throws a null pointer), and I cannot load the map after deleting every reference to DeepRim in the rws file. Here is my log when trying to load the map. https://pastebin.com/J1kC9y4r

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to properly remove this mod?

Thanks

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Ky6000 on August 06, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
Any Idea on how to uninstall this mod? I cannot delete/kill/deconstruct the mining shaft after/before abandoning the layer (it throws a null pointer), and I cannot load the map after deleting every reference to DeepRim in the rws file. Here is my log when trying to load the map. https://pastebin.com/J1kC9y4r

Thanks

Have you tried to destroy the mining shaft it in dev mode?

Ky6000

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on August 06, 2018, 03:45:21 AM
Quote from: Ky6000 on August 06, 2018, 02:45:18 AM

Thanks

Have you tried to destroy the mining shaft it in dev mode?

Yep both kill/destroy commands throw a null pointer.

doctercorgi

Cool to see the idea I had a while ago actually become a thing, thanks ( :

maybe add caves, traps, treasures, bugs, and very very lost raiders to the maps?

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Ky6000 on August 06, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

Iirc i had a similar issue when a mining shaft was destroyed and it was the only one pointing to a given layer. I had to build another mining shaft pointing to the same layer, then rebuild the shaft, abandon the layer, and deconstruct the mining shaft.

Hopefully this mod will be updated/ fixed.

Ky6000

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on August 07, 2018, 03:48:47 AM
Quote from: Ky6000 on August 06, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

Iirc i had a similar issue when a mining shaft was destroyed and it was the only one pointing to a given layer. I had to build another mining shaft pointing to the same layer, then rebuild the shaft, abandon the layer, and deconstruct the mining shaft.

Hopefully this mod will be updated/ fixed.

Actually I managed to delete it while it had the other layer, which is very strange (I didn't think to try it before)

Smexy_Vampire

when i go to world map with your mine built i get spammed with garlic img missing and it will eventualy crash the game

Canute

Maybe try to move the mod at the bottom at your modlist.
I think it is a modconflict.

gallonidas

OMG please someone tell me that this mod will be updated to B19...
Can't see myself playing the game without this =(

Ruisuki