[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

No auto. pathing through these 2 maps.
The mining shaft is the connection, and you need to manualy transport them.

Xentor

Very cool idea. Sadly it works not real for me. the mineshaft is made, it drills to 100%. the Cavemap is created (I checked it by visiting it over the worldmp).
But I can not send anyone down there. not go the colonists to the tower, nor get I a rightclickoption to send them there, or how is this done?
I can chose send up or down. But that is all.
I guess to send them down I should get a rightclick contextmenu (like "eat this"), to send the colonists to the elevator, or? Naja I get this not sadly.
The othe rhand, if you need Pixelartworks. I am happy to help. I can only not code them. But I can paint them if you tell me what you want / need. (Scale and so)

Bodog999

Quote from: Xentor on November 15, 2018, 07:13:43 AM
Very cool idea. Sadly it works not real for me. the mineshaft is made, it drills to 100%. the Cavemap is created (I checked it by visiting it over the worldmp).
But I can not send anyone down there. not go the colonists to the tower, nor get I a rightclickoption to send them there, or how is this done?
I guess to send them down I should get a rightclick contextmenu (like "eat this"), to send the colonists to the elevator, or? Naja I get this not sadly.
The othe rhand, if you need Pixelartworks. I am happy to help. I can only not code them. But I can paint them if you tell me what you want / need. (Scale and so)

Draft your colonists and position them over the mining tower. Keep them drafted and press the button to send them down.

garfu

Quote from: Bodog999 on November 15, 2018, 07:46:02 AM
Quote from: Xentor on November 15, 2018, 07:13:43 AM

Draft your colonists and position them over the mining tower. Keep them drafted and press the button to send them down.

Nah there's something else going on. It's also not working for me, and it wasn't working in the same way for someone on the very first page of this thread but was never answered. Maybe because I'm on an ice sheet? My colonists simply do not path over the object so I can't send them down. Could be a mod interaction or something.

Canute

You should try it out.
Disable all mods beside hugslib,jecstools,modmanager mods if you use some and Deeprim.

Start a test colony with the hugslib quickstart option (Developer mod on, the right icon on the top.
Use god mod to place a mineshaft and power source, drill, try to send pawns down.

If that works for you, you know one of your other mod prevent the use.

Xentor

Hmmm the drafting them worked. I thought it was a menuoption. :-) Thanks for the info.

garfu

Still doesn't work for me. Not going to spend hours troubleshooting. Oh well.

https://streamable.com/io158

Must be a mod interaction.

Canute

Yep, when you can let the pawn's ON the mineshaft there is now way to send them down.
Maybe you can trick ab bit, let the pawn move from left to the right over the mineshaft.
While the pawn is above the mineshaft, pause the game. And send him down.

What about to create a zone just at the mineshaft and assign pawn's on it ?

garfu

Welp adding them to an area right on top of it worked! That was a good idea, thanks!

A little tedious but I guess it's a workaround for now.

Exende

do they automatically bring resources up levels or would you have to do it manually?

ultra4

Have couple of questions. 1 - items come up, except stone chunks? why? they carry to the zone, but remain in the lower level, other items and drafted pawns came up. I order to carry chunks have to pick them up (with the help of another mod, simple sidearms maybe???) .. one chunk per round-trip
2 - instaling a Ground-penetrating scanner and deep drills in the undergrounds levels work? surface has low amounts of plasteel, an that is reflected in the Z levels, but deep drilling in the deep has plasteel like surface deepdrilling?... deep-drilling-ception?

Canute

1. DeepRim currently don't allow chunk to get transported up, ask the mod author why. Best solution build a stonecutter bench down there.
Pickup&Haul allow you to carry chunk at the inventory if the pawn got enough mass left to carry stuff.
Yes with some micromanagment you could get the chunk to the main map.

2. Yes both works, but there isn't any underground minerals at the underground map.

vacaman

This mod is simple and great, thank you very much it really saves a ton of tedious micromanaging. :D

Hollah

I'm not able to download the zipped file from the site.
thank you.