[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcats

Their is a bug in 1.0 after some time I get caravan lost on the underground map and the whole map is lost- apparently their is a countdown internally to time out maps that aren't settled, are you aware of this bug or have any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Canute

I am not a modder, but from my play expierence, a caravan can't enter the underground map.
Or did you made a mining shaft on a temp. map encounter from a caravan ?

Senacharim

So, you never want to post it to Steam, well enough.

Would you be averse to somebody else posting it to steam (with appropriate accreditation, link to this forum, etc)?

Telavus

Does / can pawns automatically find a path for tasks under the surface? I have mods for making prisoners doing labor and it would be perfect if I could easily move the prisoner to below to work in the mines and underground farms.

Canute

No,
the underground is a different map.
To bring prisoner's down you need to build a mining shaft at the prisoner area, and when one prisoner stand above the shaft you can send him down.
But i never tested it myself.
Not to forget the warden can't path down either.
I recommend the quarry mod for prisoner mining work.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Would it be possible to add a unique battery item to this mod to allow for the transfer of electricity between levels? It would be nice to be able to build an underground base that could be powered by solar panels on the surface, or to have underground generators powering surface defenses.

Seeker89

weird question... can I use this to kinda link to maps together?

like I have my starting town... and then I have my new town.. they both have this mine, can I travel between the three?

Canute

Seeker89,
without modification no. Both mining shaft's at each colonies create own maps.

Rim of Magic, the arcane mage got a Gateway spell. You could build a portal wich will be charged by mana of any mage that can transport to a fixed spot at any other map on the worldmap.
A portal at each colony and you can send pawns and resources manualy over.

SweetAnubis

what are the chances of a similar mod for moons planet rings etc... could allow for mining of the moons and rings. of course a functionality to make a planet with moons and rings would also need to be added similar to the is that a moon mod. Then using drop ships or a space elevator set up to get to them.

akiceabear

Just learning about this sounds very interesting.

I see that raids won't fire (probably). Do infestations occur underground?

Thisbrewwillmakeyougay

Is there anyway to send chunks up the mining shaft?
The only way I currently have to that is to put them ina pawn inventory and in realy micro intensive since human can only carry one at a time.

TheOne1977

hmmm, can't find the right mod folder for copying the files.
Copied it to different locations, but can't find the mod in game.

...Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100
...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

At the first location, all the mods have a number code. If i copy these mod into the folder, it is the only folder with a real name: "DeepRim"

Wasn't there before a link from the game to the dl-folder or was it in prison architect?

Canute

I think you mess it with prison architect.
You need to download it to get DeepRim42.zip.
Then you need to unzip it into
...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods
like all mod's that don't come from the workshop.
Just be careful, some modder don't take care of their archive structure and don't add a modname folder into their archive, then you need to create this at your own, and unzip into that folder instead of Mods, just an info for the future.
When you allways just use the workshop you don't need to watch that, then you just need to watch if the mod isn't crap or not ! :-)

TheOne1977

thank you... put it into the folder you suggested... but still not visible in Rimworld. :/
I have a lot mods in my list, so maybe i can't see it. Is it called DeepRim in the game?

[attachment deleted due to age]