[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOne1977

Ohhh... if i start the game with the .exe in the folder, the mod appears... but all the other apps are turned off. When i start via steam i can't see DeepRim.  :-\

Senacharim

Hey, please can you correct you "about.xml" to be "About.xml"?  It throws errors in Mac/Linux if you have the capitalization wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Riddle78

I cannot download the mod at all. Attempts to download either through Chrome or the Free Download Manager results in me getting an HTML file,rather than an archive.

Canute

That your browsers can't download is curious, maybe you block something.
The link open the tinyupload site, and there you need to click at DeepRim42.zip to start the download.
Yep, FDM don't get the archive, JDownloader does, maybe try with FDM
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=50719222428736967163&t=5071922242873696716334441

Riddle78

JDownloader worked. However,I'm not gonna lie,it is extremely inconvenient for me to download and install an entirely new utilities program,just to grab a single archive. Maybe you should consider hosting your work on GitHub,if that's at all feasible. I haven't had any issues with downloading from there.

Canute

Like i said, browser download works fine fore me, FireFox and Edge.
Why Chrome don't work i can't say, but you allways got Edge on Win10 installation you can try out.

Anduin1357

Compatible with Rimfeller? ie. Not generating a new oil layer down there!!!

N7Huntsman

This is an awesome mod!

Now, with the ability to use multiple entrances to create tunnels, would you consider adding some kind of simple, 1x1 un-powered hatch that can be used to create things like cellars and such, without the complexity and cost of an entire mining scaffold?
The Rim is a cruel place.

zomb1

Hello,  anybody knows if there is a mod that would enable power transfer between maps?

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

For you it looks like the underground map is close by.
But for the game itself, the map could be at another dimesion.
You can't deliver power to a quest map either.
Currently the best way to get power down there would be to use transpotable power source like vario power cells, or maybe the device from the Orassan mod.

We gave the mod author allready the suggestion that the mining shaft could transmit power, but he never made it.
Basicly you could edit the defs of both buildings, one you let consume 1000 power and the oder consume -1000.
But when you didn't connect the top one to your powergrid the underground one still would generate power.
To prevent that you would need some check at the assemblies.

zomb1

Hmm,  thanks,  i have my ways,  like bio generator mod or the new human battery or how it's called (cycling power generator).  What kind of power device do the cats have? Never used that mod..

Was hoping that there is an option like that.  I can see issues with the fixed +/- 1000 option..  For example multiple layers..

Ruisuki

Can this work with prison labor to send my prisoners in? AFAIK there could be enemies down there but I doubt the prisoners survive a loading screen?

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 24, 2019, 05:37:08 AM
Can this work with prison labor to send my prisoners in? AFAIK there could be enemies down there but I doubt the prisoners survive a loading screen?
thay could try to prison brake as its a new map you would have to try a slavery mod or send a wardin with them

katnep

Would love to see someone make some structures/ancient dangers that only exist underground, like buried "spaceship" filled with hostile spacers in cryocaskets or like a big insect hive