[1.5] Doors Expanded - Doors Expansion for RimWorld (4/20/2024)

Started by jecrell, February 28, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

Following. Just waiting for this colony to round up and then starting again.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 08, 2018, 11:59:30 PM
Okay, so Idk why, but I have a "Doors" tab and for some reason only the vanilla single tile door is there whereas all the other expanded doors are in "Structures"? Halp pls.

I think you need to update the mod since

Quote1.18.0.4 (3/2/18)
=============
- Moved all Doors to the Structures tab by request

Heni

Man excelent mod, but can you change the default door of rimworld? Thi is the only thing i dont like in your mod.

Dargaron

Thanks to Jecrell for the excellent mod: I always hated having two-tile hallways before, because then the doors would be irregular :-(.

Just a question: is it WAD that two-and-three tile doors have fewer Hit Points than their single-tile counterparts? I have some three-tile Limestone doors for my main base with 230 Hit Points apiece, my two-tile Limestone doors are 194, but my one-tile Limestone doors are 390 Hit Points. Also, the two-and-three tile doors don't seem to have a reduced opening speed.

Vane

Quote from: Dargaron on March 12, 2018, 07:51:20 PM
Thanks to Jecrell for the excellent mod: I always hated having two-tile hallways before, because then the doors would be irregular :-(.

Couldn't agree with this more! Awesome mod Jecrell

jecrell

Just a question: is it WAD that two-and-three tile doors have fewer Hit Points than their single-tile counterparts? I have some three-tile Limestone doors for my main base with 230 Hit Points apiece, my two-tile Limestone doors are 194, but my one-tile Limestone doors are 390 Hit Points. Also, the two-and-three tile doors don't seem to have a reduced opening speed.

Interesting find here. Stuffed materials are not affecting the master door? =o
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Doors Expanded
-Added Portuguese / Portuguese Brazilian translation by Freewayz
-Added Russian translation by kr33man
-Added Korean translation by MarinHigh
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

henk

I love the mod. It offers something for many situations.

To bad we can't use locks mod with it, making the jail doors unusable for those who play with non standard prisons.

Dargaron

So, I fired up my colony and did some checking. It's only the 2x and 3x doors that aren't getting the stuffed modifier: gates and jail doors get the extra hit points, as expected. For the moment, I just swapped some 3x doors to regular doors and will use gates in place of 2x (besides the fact they look sweeter anyway!)

BlackSmokeDMax

Thanks to Jecrell for the excellent mod: I always hated having two-tile hallways before, because then the doors would be irregular :-(

I hadn't thought about it, but that is probably one of the biggest reasons I use 3 wide instead of 2. Looks like this mod is making *the list*, lol!

Harry_Dicks

2 cell wide hallways are for plebs. Real mean have 3 cell wide hallways, so that you can put sculptures, decorations, furniture, lighting, a chess table with 2 chairs, or couches on opposite sides of the hallway, and all kinds of other fun stuff in there and it will look awesome. Plus, you get to have a "carpet" that you can line down the middle cell for that extravagant look ;D

Mersid

Please add 1x3 gates?

Meanwhile, here's a 1x3 gate, although the door animation has been changed to a regular door open.

https://pastebin.com/raw/zU095xUa

Paste into a new file at \Mods\Doors-Expanded\Defs\ThingDef_Building

Plasmatic

Could you lock the blast doors and such behind research? Feels very odd starting as a tribal and having access to blast doors..

Lantyrn

I have both JecsTools and this mod but I open rimworld and it says the doors mod is out of date. Don't know what the problem is but my first idea was to ask you people as it seems that the most of you are far more versed in these issues than I. If it's super obvious, sorry, as I my self is not well versed in modding. thank you again.

Lantyrn

I would love some knowledge on this issue, but no one's responded. Either this mod is perfect for everyone else or I'm being ignored. That's a shame because I have a base built right now that these would fit perfectly for. I'm going to move on for now but if you happen to come across this post and know the issue, feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'll check this thread often to see for any responses. Thank you again.