[1.0] Doors Expanded - Doors Expansion for RimWorld (6/3/2019)

Started by jecrell, February 28, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Looks like your problem is unique.
I just download the mod and activate it at the game
Loaded mods:
Core: (no assemblies)
ModSwitch: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), _harmonycheck(1.0.0.0), ModSwitch(1.4.0.125)
HugsLib[4.1.1]: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), HugsLib(0.18.0.0)
JecsTools: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), 0JecsTools(1.0.8.0), AbilityUser(1.18.0.0), AbilityUserAI(1.18.0.0), CompActivatableEffect(1.18.0.0), CompAnimated(1.18.0.0), CompDeflector(1.18.0.0), CompDelayedSpawner(1.18.0.0), CompExtraSounds(1.18.0.0), CompInstalledPart(1.18.0.0), CompLumbering(1.18.0.0), CompOverlays(1.18.0.0), CompOversizedWeapon(1.18.0.0), CompSlotLoadable(1.18.0.0), CompToggleDef(1.18.0.0), CompVehicle(1.17.0.1), PawnShields(1.0.0.0)
Doors Expanded: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), DoorsExpanded(1.18.0.0)

And i don't got a msg. that the mod is out of date.
Could you maybe say where you got these message, since i don't think such message got added to jecstools or this mod.

And btw. Jecrell the author is known not to read the forum much. :-) He just post some modupdates and the rest of the time he hang out at this discord channel.

Lantyrn

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2018, 09:18:18 AM
Looks like your problem is unique.
I just download the mod and activate it at the game
Loaded mods:
Core: (no assemblies)
ModSwitch: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), _harmonycheck(1.0.0.0), ModSwitch(1.4.0.125)
HugsLib[4.1.1]: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), HugsLib(0.18.0.0)
JecsTools: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), 0JecsTools(1.0.8.0), AbilityUser(1.18.0.0), AbilityUserAI(1.18.0.0), CompActivatableEffect(1.18.0.0), CompAnimated(1.18.0.0), CompDeflector(1.18.0.0), CompDelayedSpawner(1.18.0.0), CompExtraSounds(1.18.0.0), CompInstalledPart(1.18.0.0), CompLumbering(1.18.0.0), CompOverlays(1.18.0.0), CompOversizedWeapon(1.18.0.0), CompSlotLoadable(1.18.0.0), CompToggleDef(1.18.0.0), CompVehicle(1.17.0.1), PawnShields(1.0.0.0)
Doors Expanded: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), DoorsExpanded(1.18.0.0)

And i don't got a msg. that the mod is out of date.
Could you maybe say where you got these message, since i don't think such message got added to jecstools or this mod.

And btw. Jecrell the author is known not to read the forum much. :-) He just post some modupdates and the rest of the time he hang out at this discord channel.

I see. Thank you. When I open the mods list in-game, it shows up as red. I remember continuting the colony I was hopefully going to use these for and all of my colonists just stopped working. There was plenty of work to be done. I exited to the main menu and turned off the mod. I went back in and the problem was still there. I decided to make another colony to see if this problem had fixed it self (It happened once before and starting a new colony fixed it) How ever it hadn't worked. I think it might be related to JecsTools. Maybe my computer/rimworld cannot handle this.

And that "code" thing you posted. I'm not sure if that's a download or just code to put in the download.

Thank you

Lantyrn

I'm sorry. That "code" comment was useless. I took one more peek at it and saw exactly what it was. My bad lol.

Canute

The "code" is just a small scrollable box. Ok i this kind the modlist i posted was short, but normaly my modlist ist 100+ lines and that would made the posting long.
The code box just show what mod's i used for the test.

At first, be sure you installed the mod correct and with the latest versions.
If you use steam workshop you should have the latest versions, but you can unsubscribe and resubscribe, so you can be sure to have fresh latest versions.

After you checked this and still got problems, an error log would be helpful.
Point 5a. , or alternative 4. and 5. from this thread to find/post logs.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0

Lantyrn

Ok here's another situation. My friend gave me a copy of sorts of the game.  I don'y really know how to explain it. Something like tranactions.sendowl or something. He didn't really explain it to me. It could be shady but he bought the game so I'm 90% sure it's safe. If this is immoral let me know but:

I don't know if this copy of the game can be linked the steam. I looked it up but I couldn't find anything on the subject. If there's certain steps I need to take that I personally haven't found, let me know.
Thank you.

Call me Arty

I love the mod, and the little textures and slight changes in dimensions go a long way.
And now, for the extensive list of grievances I have with it.

• I would appreciate it if there were a way to mute some of the doors, or at least "oil" some hinges with chemfuel or something. I enjoy my mountain bases, and a blast door is a great boon. However, the constant hhhnnshk. . . hhhnnshk. . . hhhnnsk is a bit aggravating during busier times, and is just unnecessary noise pollution.
  • Again with the blast doors: They kinda clip into walls when you place them. I so far have only had the resources to make one, and that's when I placed it kinda vertically. The door - annoying even though it's so minor - has a kind of 2.5D feel to it rather than the expected tilted 2D top-down as it clips into the blocks to its left side (door facing East).

Thus ends the extensive list of grievances. I appreciate the time and effort put into your mods and collaborations.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Troubleshooter

I've discovered a bug with this mod, temperature changes between rooms separated by doors, the double wooden ones at least, don't seem to be calculated properly when the game loads. I.e, if you're playing on a -30C map and all you've got separating you from the outside is one of these double doors, your room will start at -30C whenever you load a save. I discovered this because I'm playing on a -30C map and my crops all kept dying every time I loaded the game...

RemingtonRyder

Something I noticed today is that light isn't blocked like it should be (dwarven reinforced door, if that helps) but the XML says it should block light.

To be more precise, the doors do block light when they are built if you pause and then build one with god mode, but otherwise or if you unpause, they immediately let light through.

Ruisuki

Still having issues guys? Jecrell is really good about this

jecrell

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

v1.19.0.1 (9/1/18) - The Clean Everything Patch
=====================================
- Non hostile characters from caravans, etc can now safely cross colony doors.
- Fixed issue where line of sight blockers did not apply properly after loading (pawns shooting through doors)
- Fixed breathtraverse error when hiding behind double doors during raids
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

krnja21

Cant be that im the only one with this problem but...

I still seem to have the same LoS problem as before this latest patch  :(

I deleted the contents of the old Doors Expanded folder, and pasted in the contents of the latest patch zip file, all folders in their place as before, everything works doors are there in the build menu, but pawns still cant shoot over sandbags and embrasures.

Was there a step i missed somewhere?

Absolutely love your mod tho!

enterprise12

This mod is breaking ALOT of things.
tested:
colonists CANT shoot over sandbags.
CANT shoot through open doors.

who knows what other problems this mod is causing...would not recommend using this mod until the author fixes these problems

rawrfisher

I use this mod myself and while the issues your describing occured for me they went away after a day or so
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kaaven

Same here, there are problems with shooting over stuff. It also prevents pawns from shooting through mod-added Embrasures.