[1.5] Doors Expanded - Doors Expansion for RimWorld (4/20/2024)

Started by jecrell, February 28, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

DOORS EXPANDED
Adds new types and sizes of doors to RimWorld.

Currently included:

• Doors (1x2)
      - Double sized doors.
  • Doors (1x3)
     - Triple sized doors. 

• Curtains (Tribal)
      -Fragile, flammible, and made of fabric, these curtains provide fast movement through buildings.

• Jail Doors
     - Strong doors with steel bars keep prisoners at bay.

• Gates
      -Stylized doors perfect for meeting pre-industrial needs. 

• Blast Doors
      -Incredibly large and secure doors used to keep greater threats at bay.

• Remote Doors
      -Doors that can be secured remotely by using levers or buttons. These doors roll upwards, similar to garage doors, and require power connected to both lever/button and door to operate. Perhaps these doors will allow you to build the trap room of your dreams?

Comissioned by CMDR Toss Antilles.

Download

Non-Steam Download (1.5):
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/102723038

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1316188771

Changelog

1.5.0.0 (04-20-2024)
    ========================
    Updated for RimWorld 1.5 to use the new MultiTileDoor class instead of invisible doors. Saves from 1.4 to 1.5 will need to rebuild their doors in the new 1.5 version.

1.4.1.1 (10-21-2022)
    ========================
    Initial update for RimWorld 1.4 for Doors Expanded

1.4.1.0 (10-11-2022)
    ========================
    Updates DoorsExpanded to support 1.4.3514 Unstable

1.4.0.1 (09-10-2021)
    ========================
    Fix crash due to infinite recursion in RW 1.3.3116+
    Fix blueprints and frames of our doors not having proper labels
    Fix CompProperties_PostProcessText not being removed after processing if not in dev mode (minor optimization)
    Update PlaceWorker_OnTopOfWalls to consider smoothed buildings as walls (note: if JecsTools is loaded before Doors Expanded, this fix won't apply for the time being)

1.4.0.0 (08-08-2021)
    ========================
    Note: Starting from this version, changes only apply to RimWorld 1.3+.
    RimWorld 1.3 compatibility
    Add Chinese Simplified translation (thanks Juijote!) - applies to all RW versions
    Various fixes and updates from a new audit of relevant parts of current RW codebase
    More debug info, including new drawDoorTempEqualization debug view
    Misc minor optimizations and cleanup

1.3.3.2 (07-18-2021)
    ========================
    Actually fix "invis door has different faction" errors (and remove previous workaround)
    Add Spanish translation (thanks Crusader!)
    Add/update machine-translations for new blast doors where applicable, and some other translation cleanup

1.3.3.1 (05-09-2021)
    ========================
    Workaround "invis door has different faction" errors (yet unknown cause) by only logging them if in dev mode or if mod's log option is debug/stacktrace

1.3.3.0 (05-06-2021)
    ========================
    Add 1x1 blast door (thanks Jiopaba/InsanityPrelude!)
    Add French translation (thanks qux!)
    Attempt to fix potential errors (like NullReferenceException) due to stale linked doors (removed/unspawned outside of this mod's control)
    Allow patches (or future changes) to change building's thingClass from Building_DoorExpanded to another class (like Building_Door) without breaking saves
    Rebuild to latest RW version
    Mod option for log level (for debugging)

1.3.2.1 (08-13-2020)
    ========================
    Fix regressions in RW 1.1 version by compiling separate assemblies for RW 1.1 and RW 1.2 to account for different enum/constant values in RW assemblies
    Internal: Migrate to SDK-style csproj, assembly name/version attributes align with actual name/version

1.3.2.0 (08-11-2020)
    ========================
    Note: Starting from this version, changes only apply to RimWorld 1.1+.
    RimWorld 1.2 compatibility
    New doors:
    - 2x1 and 3x1 autodoors
    - 3x1 remote garage-style doors
    - 2x1 and 3x1 tribal curtains
    Improved compatibility with:
    - Minify Everything (note: existing broken doors may not be fixed, but new doors should be fine)
    - Home Mover
    Remote door changes:
    - Fix blast doors not being remotely securable - blast doors now require power like autodoors
    - Autodoors, including the vanilla 1x1 autodoor, are remote controllable
    - Blast doors and remote garage-style doors can now breakdown like autodoors, but only at half the normal frequency
    - Remote doors rebalanced such that they open more slowly than autodoors but cost less and use less power (and breakdown less frequently)
    - Tweak all the various costs of blast doors and remote garage-style doors such that: blast doors > autodoors > remote doors > vanilla doors
    - Remove superfluous remote button/lever linking/unlinking messages
    Show east/west door frames above buildings (fixes blast door frames showing below walls)
    Door open time (in seconds) stats are now displayed instead of door open speed stat
    Modders: DoorExpandedDef deprecated in favor of new CompProperties_DoorExpanded (see Heron_Doors.xml for examples):
    - Misleading DoorExpandedDef.doorOpenSpeedRate deprecated in favor of statBase for vanilla DoorOpenSpeed (backcompat default to 1.0/doorOpenSpeedRate)
    - Misleading DoorExpandedDef.tempLeakRate deprecated in favor of CompProperties_DoorExpanded.tempEqualizeRate (backcompat default to 375.0/tempLeakRate)
    - All other DoorExpandedDef fields can be copied as-is to CompProperties_DoorExpanded
    - Non-abstract door defs have had their Name attributes (used for XML inheritance) removed,
      since fields of comp properties (such as CompProperties_DoorExpanded) can't be overwritten in a derived def.
      Specifically, "HeronDoor", "HeronDoorRemote", "HeronDoorDoubleRemote" Name attributes have been removed.
    Replace Pawn_PathFollower.TryEnterNextPathCell transpiler with Building_Door.StartManualOpenBy prefix patch (to avoid misleading report in Dubs Performance Analyzer)
    Improve debug logging, add more logging when the "Verbose logging" setting is enabled, add full path cost in "write path costs"
    Misc label & description tweaks and XML & texture cleanup

1.3.1.0 (05-06-2020)
    ========================
    Blast doors can be remote controlled now. Additional rebalancing and cleanup. Patch by lbmaian.
    - More robust patching in case other mods are broken (should no longer fail if another mod has an invalid assembly reference).
    - Blast doors can be remote controlled now (remote control tech still required to build remote buttons/levers).
    - Blast doors now have half flammability (so half the flammability of the material they're made of).
    - Tribal curtains cost halved to 25 fabric or leather as part of RimWorld 1.0/1.1 rebalance.
    - Remove obsolete Manifest.xml loadBefore/loadAfter and migrate vanilla door mass patch to code to prevent some warnings.

1.3.0.1 (03-14-2020)
    ========================
    Improves compatibility with other mods, including recovering from game-breaking errors that can somehow happen. Engineered by lbmaian.

1.3.0.0 (03-07-2020)
    ========================
    A 1.1 compatible version of Doors Expanded, rewritten and recreated by lbmaian to be even better than before.

1.22.1.2 (03-06-2020)
    ========================
    Fix potential NRE and room unfogging in edge cases involving large doors, and fix more potential subtle issues related to Fillage. Engineered by lbmaian.
    Scale WorkToBuild linearly like most of vanilla, rebalance thick gate and blast door costs

1.22.1.1 (03-04-2020)
    ========================
    Backport tweaks and fixes to RimWorld 1.0 version. Engineered by lbmaian.
    "JT_PlaceWorker_OnTopOfWalls" is now translated if JecsTools isn't loaded.

1.22.1.0 (02-29-2020)
    ========================
    Balance pass based on ~b18~r1.1 changes and consistency. Engineered by lbmaian.
    - All doors (except blast doors and curtains) MaxHitPoints were reduced, typically by about a quarter to match the B19 change to vanilla doors.
    - All doors (except curtains) Mass have reduced, with the assumption that vanilla doors have 20 mass (only relevant if a mod like MinifyEverything is installed).
    - Related 1-wide vs 2-wide vs 3-wide door stats and costs have been rescaled for consistency.
    - Blast doors have same terrain affordance as walls, and same construction skill requirement as autodoors.
    - Prisoner containment research requires medieval tech level.
    - Blast door research requires hi-tech research bench.
    Also add dependency to the Harmony mod.

1.22.0.0 (02-28-2020)
    ========================
    RimWorld 1.1 compatibility (RimWorld 1.0 still works). Engineered by lbmaian.
    No longer requires JecsTools in either RimWorld 1.0 or 1.1.
    Also revamp door remote button/lever job so that it consistently respects whether door remote button/lever is enabled throughout the job, and fixes related pathing issues.

1.21.0.0 (01-31-2020)
    ========================
    Rewrite and fully rebase code onto 1.0 RimWorld, fixing several bugs. Engineered by lbmaian.
    - fixes pathing issues, including enemies warping through large doors
    - forbid/unforbid has immediate effect (instead of having to wait a tick)
    - fixes behavior inconsistent with vanilla doors, including default door opening/closing speeds, previously held open door closing behavior, whether enemies set fire to doors, heat transfer rates through open/closed doors
    - allow <1.0 fillPercent doors with correct cover/snow/etc. calculations
    - doors are non-minifiable (non-uninstallable) by default
    - doors block light by default
    - door opening speed stat now appears in door expanded doors' info dialog (note: def.doorOpenSpeedRate value currently isn't reflected in this)
    - remote doors default to non-remotely secured
    - remote hold open state now linked to remote button/lever, with latter's state initialized to first linked remote door
    - remote hold open state no longer clobbers native hold open state (in case door is unlinked)
    - secured remotely doors ignore native hold open state (and disables hold open gizmo)
    - custom remote door gizmos now appear right after hold open gizmo
    - more consistent messages on button connect/disconnect
    - remote button/lever no longer appears above pawns
    - fixed Stretch and StretchVertical and non-2-width DoubleSwing door type animations
    - Stretch/StretchVertical defs have new custom parameters, with the only functional difference between Stretch and StretchVertical being defaults
    - ghost (pre-placement) and blueprint door graphics now always match actual door graphics
    - ghost graphics for def.rotatesSouth=false now skip south rotation, and fix subtle bugs when spawning def.rotatesSouth=false doors
    - ghost graphics now appear above existing buildings as in vanilla
    - 1x1 non-manually-rotatable doors, including blueprints, auto-rotate like vanilla doors (and all such 1x1 doors in this mod are updated accordingly)
    - dev mode inspector has new toggles (write temperature, write edifice grid, write doors), more path info, more precise mouse position, and patch call registry for debugging

Add German translation by Erdnussbrot.
    Update Japanese translation by Proxyer.

1.20.0.7 (06-03-2019)
    ========================
    Fixes explosion slowdowns that occur while playing the CE mod coupled with Doors Expanded. The fix was engineered by JonnyNova.

1.20.0.6 (06-02-2019)
    ========================
    Remote doors can be secured and locked properly. Also pathing fixes.

1.20.0.5 (04-11-2019)
    ========================
    Adds research for remote buttons and doors as well. Updates Japanese translation.

1.20.0.4 (04-09-2019)
    ========================
    Adds remote doors, buttons, and levers to Doors Expanded.

1.20.0.3 (04-07-2019)
    ========================
    Added remote doors, buttons, and levers

1.20.0.2 (02-10-2019)
    ========================
    Crossing through blast doors should be faster now.

1.20.0.1 (10-27-2018)
    ========================
    This should fix the issue where animals do not want to walk through the doors for whatever reason.

1.20.0.0 (10-18-2018)
    ========================
    Initial release for RimWorld 1.0

Doors Expanded
    1.18.0.12 (3/15/18)
    -Added Portuguese / Portuguese Brazilian translation by Freewayz
    -Added Russian translation by kr33man
    -Added Korean translation by MarinHigh

1.18.0.11 (3/6/18)
    =============
    - Prisoners don't try to escape when an Expanded Door opens for others to perform regular jobs any more.
    1.18.0.10 (3/5/18)
    ==============
    - Fixed some irregular door behavior, so now doors can be properly stacked.
    1.18.0.9 (3/4/18)
    =============
    - Fixed a missing XML tag.
    1.18.0.8 (3/4/17)
    =============
    - Added Jail Doors
    - Adjusted door HP to match the power of cassowary digging.
    1.18.0.7 (3/3/18)
    =============
    + Pawns with enhanced movement should no longer have issues crossing Expanded Doors.
    1.18.0.6 (3/3/18)
    ============
    - Removed nonsense log messages.
    - Fixed issue where characters wanted to just stop and stare at the door (in truth, the door wasn't accomodating elderly and slow folks -- this has been fixed).
    1.18.0.5 (3/2/18)
    =============
    - Adjusted the XML costs of the doors to better reflect their size differences.
    1.18.0.4 (3/2/18)
    =============
    - Moved all Doors to the Structures tab by request
    - Faster closing time for all Expanded Doors.
    - Expanded Doors now properly forbid.
    1.18.0.3 (3/1/18)
    =============
    - Added smaller blast doors by request
    - Added secret support for Lord of the Rims content
    1.18.0.2 (3/1/18)
    =============
    - Small XML change to avoid mod conflicts.
    1.18.0.1 (3/1/18)
    =============
    - Expanded Doors now prevent manhunters / raiders / other hostiles  from opening like colonists.
    - Expanded Doors now properly damage when raiders / manhunters / etc attack.
    - Invisible doors text is no longer display when moused over
    - "Attacking invisible door" is now replaced with "Attacking [name of door]" as it should be.

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

SihvMan

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap this looks AMAZING! Thank you so much Jecrell and of course CMDR Toss Antilles!!! ;D

Do the curtains technically separate rooms?

Also, will this probably won't work with Clutters' door mod as well, yeah? If that's the case that's unfortunate, because he has a lock system for the doors which seems amazing. I might have to switch the the Locks mod to be able to use this!

SihvMan

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 28, 2018, 02:39:17 PM
Holy crap this looks AMAZING! Thank you so much Jecrell and of course CMDR Toss Antilles!!! ;D

Do the curtains technically separate rooms?

Also, will this probably won't work with Clutters' door mod as well, yeah? If that's the case that's unfortunate, because he has a lock system for the doors which seems amazing. I might have to switch the the Locks mod to be able to use this!

Just did some in-game testing. Curtains do separate rooms. Clutters' door mod is... hit or miss. The regular door looks like Clutters', the two and three wide look like these. The locks only apply to core doors, not any of the ones added by this mod, but that seems to be true of all lock mods.

Ruisuki

You have no idea how long I been asking for 2 tile doors....LOOK AT MY SIG! Thank you bro..finally...its here.

Crell you my hero

deathstar

15scavenger

HOLY SHOCKS! THIS IS SUPERBLY AWESOME!!! well i saw someone posts that he or she requesting 2door mods but this...THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING!!! AWESOME!!

Ruisuki

Quote from: 15scavenger on February 28, 2018, 07:11:28 PM
HOLY SHOCKS! THIS IS SUPERBLY AWESOME!!! well i saw someone posts that he or she requesting 2door mods but this...THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING!!! AWESOME!!
he

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 28, 2018, 07:39:31 PM
Quote from: 15scavenger on February 28, 2018, 07:11:28 PM
he

I am confident that this has been a long requested feature by many people :)

In the GIF it looks like the pawns get slightly slowed down when going through the blast gates. Do pawns normally get slowed down when going through all doors, is this normal behavior?

MightyGooga

To quote a Grand Modder...

*CLAP*

Very well done indeed. Its great how you can get the perspective just right.

jecrell

I forgot to mention it requires JecsTools. Haha.
*sweat drop*

jecrell

Quote from: deathstar on February 28, 2018, 06:13:17 PM
What about compatibility with the locking mod... Locks?

Oh sure. I'll have a chat with the modder.

Mufflamingo

Request: Can you do a SINGLE door in a SINGLE tile? Because the vanilla door is a DOUBLE doors in a SINGLE tile.
Bleeeee. . . . .

15scavenger

Quote from: jecrell on February 28, 2018, 08:53:16 PM
I forgot to mention it requires JecsTools. Haha.
*sweat drop*
NO PROBLEMO MAN!

also i think the gates can be made better anim in front view..i think.. to better match the anim in side view....well just a suggestion mate.. no forcing mode here

Ser Kitteh

Silly question but do the curtains block heat/cold?

EDIT: ALSO might want to link this mod to this thread in your steam page.